Friday, December 1, 2017

November 2017

Sometimes November and Utah is really cold...this year was not the case. We had so many warm days. I feel like I know what's ahead, so I did my best to get these kiddos out and about.
 Sometimes, there's no ducks or water in November...not this year
 Feeding the ducks always makes me laugh because Oliver forms relationships with individual swine. He'll tell me about the duck or the goose or the seagull that he became friends with for weeks.
 One Saturday we went to visit my Grandpa. On the way we stopped at Costco for lunch. Lincoln asked if he could play hide and seek in the tires. I told him if he asked the people and they said he could then it would be ok with me. Well he didn't ask, and it didn't take long to get an answer from an employee there.
 On this particular visit, my grandpa's glasses were the toy of choice. They all took turns putting on 3 or 4 pair of his glasses.


 We went to a couple of Utah volleyball games this month. The boys enjoyed them more than I anticipated. Lincoln mostly just wanted to be on the jumbo tron, Oliver liked the candy I brought, and Thomas liked climbing all over the seats and off the edge to make me nervous. 
 The day we got home from California, Thomas learned a new trick...It's been a month since he's been climbing in and out of his bed, and I haven't found the solution to keeping him inside.
 I have learned that along with being an excellent climber, Thomas is also an excellent helper! The best way to get help doing anything is to ask Oliver to help with something while Thomas is in earshot. Thomas immediately jumps up and says "Me, Me, Me" and races Oliver to the task. Oliver is usually a good sport and shares his jobs with Thomas.
 I asked Oliver to bring in the garbages. Thomas ran to the door and put his boots on and got right to work. Then he wouldn't let Oliver help him.
 We took a trip to This is the Place...Turns out they close almost everything down in the winter. I was glad we didn't have any friends who could come, because I was quite disappointed. But the boys still had fun!
 We've got an awesome thing going where there are 5 little boys who are within 6 months of Thomas' age and all live within two blocks of us. Each Friday we switch houses for all of the boys to tear apart and the other mom's get a couple hours without a 2 year old. Thomas looks forward to it and cheers when I tell him he gets to play with his friends.
 My mom gifted us a gift card to Bucca di Beppo. We told the boys we were going to a nice restaurant. They were excited and behaved pretty well. We felt like we were living the high life and then realized we left the gift card at home...Guess we get to go to a "really nice restaurant" again.
 I received a new surge of energy at the end of November. I think the whole idea of "nesting" is a real concept. The baby now has his own little space in the toy room. All I need to do to be ready for Jr to come is catch up on this blog, paint the new shelves in his closet and finish his Christmas stocking. Hopefully I can get that done in a week and viola we'll have a new edition!
 I got talked into taking the boys for a walk. I pushed an empty stroller for 95% of the way. But when we were a few doors away, they all decided they wanted a ride in the single jogger.
 Thanksgiving morning was beautiful! Dean was playing basketball with the Poll's so we went on a little bike ride up the trail to Tanner Park. The boys played for hours.
 There were plenty of sticks and rocks and hikes and secret hideouts. It was a perfect morning!
 Once again, it took Holly to get me out and about. We went on a hike in Draper the day after Thanksgiving. I thought I'd be too tired to make it. But I did far better than Thomas and Oliver.
 Going uphill to this bridge was fun and it was a cool suspension bridge that we hiked to...It was the trail back that made for a long hike. Both Oliver and Thomas had severe meltdowns. I guess I should have packed a lunch.
 At the bottom of the hike was a fun climbing wall that made it all worth it!
 One Sunday morning I was searching for something new to entertain the boys with. It turns out that twister was just the ticket!
 There was finally a cold Tuesday morning. We usually hit up a new park on Tuesdays with Ellen and her kids. The 30's was too cold for me, so we headed to Jump Around Utah. I think we got our $9 worth of jumping. These kids had a riot and never stopped playing!
 Somehow, half birthdays were introduced into our home this year. Both Lincoln and Oliver have been so excited to be a half year older. For Lincoln's half birthday I bought ice cream sandwiches and he got his own candles out and placed them just how he wanted into his treat.
 Christmas, and a new baby=lots of diapers and packages arriving at our home. It was pretty fun to see these creative minds at work...what are we going to do next week when the weather turns into winter😰.
Well, we've done it. This blog is officially up to date! My next post should have Baby Boy number 4 in it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment