Sunday, August 14, 2022

June 2022

Summer is here! All of summer has been wonderful, but it was an AMAZING start! We were all on our "A" game and found ways to have fun every single day.
But first...
Me and Ezra got to help at field day. This is Thomas and his friend Molly and their teacher Ms. Sorensen.
On the last night before school got out, we used some gift cards to Red Robin. Then we decided to head across the street and say hello to my Grandparents. I love everything this picture represents.
On the last day of school, as a Stake Primary, we held an out-of-school party. It was well attended and I think everyone had a good time!
In May, I finally took the time to teach Ezra how to ride a bike. The first day of Summer, and this is what I got to see. This feels like all my dreams coming true. Four boys, all on bikes!
With all these bikers, I'd love to get them on some trails. But right now, they're all at different levels of biking. In an effort to be sure nobody is getting overlooked or left behind, I gave each one of my kids one morning each week for some serious one on one time. They get to decide the trail, and we go and ride, as fast or as slow as they want. Oliver was first up, and we went to Big Pop, Little Pop in the avenues. And it rained, but it was beautiful, and we had a great time.
We started the summer with Tuesday designated as biking day... and we had a great start at Trailside Park. Lincoln is learning to fly over jumps!

We got six cantaloupes with our co-op one week. We all like it so much, but one of my favorite memories growing up was filling the hole of cantaloupe with vanilla ice cream and digging in. I decided to introduce this to the boys. 
Thomas' turn for big pop little pop. It's so fun to get these kids one on one. They know how to have a good time!
Lincoln chose one of his special on on one days at fat cats. He spent most of his $10 gift card on video games. Once again, so fun to have this kid one on one.

We went to the "Swing Hike" in Centerville with my mom and her Activity Days boys. I am happy to say Ezra got on the swing this time! We started him a bit lower, but he did it and he loved it.
Lincoln is getting good, this picture doesn't show how awesome this drop is that he's about to go off.
Now for our first trip of the summer! We went to...Drum roll, please!!! 

Helper, Utah! And we had a great time! Our friends the Jensen's bought a house in Helper and lived down there for a month while they fix it up. So we were invited to camp in their backyard. Needless to say, it was amazing. The Blackhursts came along, and it was a fun group of kids...and adults. The first night we walked along Main Street and found some cool shops, with motorcycles, and a bunch of old-fashioned cars.
The owner of the shop was so kind and let the kids pile into this wooden car.
I don't think it was built to have 10 kids inside, but they made it happen.
And we had fun playing on and around the miner:-) Plenty of summersault competitions and rolling around for an hour of laughter.
Yummy breakfast and happy kiddos. It really is a fun group of kids/ people!
We went on a bike ride with everyone! It was a good ride where different levels of bikers could go at different paces. 

I was with Ezra, which was awesome. Especially when I ditched my bike. He's a biker, but his bike doesn't do great on dirt. So I got to push start him every few feet. The trail had fun garbage art along it, and we loved posing with the tin man.

This is another fun ride we did in Helper. This picture is Holly, me, and Andrea. I really love these women!
Jake took me and Lincoln on a fun ride on Monday morning. Lincoln and Jake liked to practice getting air.

As we headed out, we hung out in at a park and then got some lunch. It's really always more fun with the Jensen girls!
We went back to Trailside park, and the flowers were amazing!
Lincoln continues to work on his jumping, and me and Oliver look on. Oliver is so close to getting to the next level, but gets pretty nervous when he approaches a drop.

After some fun at the bike park, we went across the parking lot and played with Oliver's big soccer ball. My mom came along, which always helps with the fun.

It was Judy's birthday, and what's a birthday without a cake? 
For some reason, I was really excited to take my boys to the air show this year. I grew up in the shadow of Hill Air Force Base, and never attended the air show, but not I have four young boys, I couldn't resist. We made arrangements and took the front runner up. There were so many people, and we waited in so many lines, and it was such a hot day, and the mac 'n cheese we got for lunch was almost $100, but I'm still glad we went. 


Tell me that doesn't look like something remarkable is happening.
Oliver took one of his mornings at the bike jumps on 9th street. He likes the jumps, and it's nice to go when he doesn't have to compare himself to his brothers.
My job was to get the best shot possible. Well, I'm a work in progress.

One of my best friends from high school came into town to visit her little brother. We spent a day in Hooper with them. Both Brandi and Daniel have big kids now. But they were all awesome and so nice to go to the aerospace museum with my little kiddos, and then let us swim in their pool. 
Daniel, Brandi, me and Alecia Coats. I love these good people!
Me and my kiddos with Brandi and her kiddos.
We went on a little hike up Memory Grove. While we were there, some lady told us about a pipe to climb up. So these boys had a great time exploring the pipe as far up as they could go. To me, this picture=summer!
And here we are a bit higher up the canyon. After the playtime in the water.
With what seems like COVID in the rear view mirror, we had a little street party. Ice cream was served, and a few people came out and joined the fun. My boys could not have been more excited to enjoy all-you-can-eat ice cream!

 I hate to say I told you so, but this summer had such an amazing start. I looked into all kinds of camps, and clubs, and classes for these boys, but ultimately, I didn't want to send them away, when I want to be the one who gets to play with them. I am such a lucky mama, and June was a great reminder of how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment