Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A little place called "Avon, CO"


 Realizing Dean was graduating and then starting work only one week later, I had a huge urge to get out of town. We talked about dozens of destinations. Looked at flights, hotels, gas prices, attractions and where did we end up? A little place called "Avon" I think this is a pretty booming town in the winter, but with spring in the air, the skiers were all out of town and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Thanks to my parents for sponsoring our destination and thanks for Troy and Marissa for coming along.




Lincoln has a crazy fascination with faucets. I can't explain it, I just enjoy watching him.

This is the lake right outside our building.

A relaxing walk on a nice day in a beautiful place.

Gosh these two kids were fun to have along. They gave us lots of smiles.

So what there's something in my face. I just want a nap.

Dean wash introducing Lincoln to a river. Dean loves rivers and is sure Lincoln does too.

Marissa and Macy joined Lincoln and I on an adventurous hike while the boys stayed behind.

This kid is quite the hiker!

We almost got everyone's face. This is about the time we lost the trail. 

So we went straight up the mountain while Macy took a nap.

No it doesn't look steep, but my heart rate said it was really steep. But as always, worth it!

Macy woke up just in time to enjoy the view.
Lincoln and Macy were pretty good at playing together. They would share toys, and for the most part play by each other without doing much harm.

Lincoln always got first choice on the beads. It helped that he's a little more mobile. 

Troy and Marissa watched Lincoln while Dean and I attempted a hike. I say attempted because we tried really hard to find the trail head. To no avail. But we did find this cool lake.

We even ran around half of the lake looking for it. I ran as fast as I could and never could keep up with Dean.

We settled for a different path without knowing what it was a trail for.

We didn't dare go too far on this trail. There were these huge bear prints all the way up. At least as far as we dared go.

Swimming was a highlight of the trip! Lincoln loved it. He splashed, splashed, splashed.

And splahsed!

And even went down the slide.

Macy gave it a try too!

We may have stayed in the pool a little too long-I'll let you be the judge.

We finally made it home to Grandpa. Safe and sound. Now Lincoln gets to share his time with another cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment