Friday, August 30, 2013

2 is better than 1

Almost 2 and a half years ago, I had a baby. That little boy changed my life forever. What a blessing he was from day one. My lifestyle instantly changed, my perspective changed, my world changed. I couldn't imagine anything better. Then, that little baby started to grow. Each stage seemed to be better than the last one. From making eye contact, to smiling, then lifting his head, rolling over, sitting, etc. I thought I had it made. A little 2 year old who has his mom wrapped around his finger, what could be better. 
Then with a little anxiety over how I would handle 2 kids, I can now tell you that having a 2 year old and a baby is better than just a 2 year old or just a baby. My boys make me happy, and they are so good at making each other happy. Oliver lights up every time he sees his big brother, and Lincoln LOVES to make Oliver laugh. He is better at making Oliver laugh than anyone in the house. Lincoln also likes to help Oliver in so many ways, he will find a toy to give to him, share his blanket, brush his hair, share his bath, jump into Oliver's bed with him, the list goes on. It has been so fun to have Lincoln at home all day with me to watch Oliver go through those same baby stages that I watched Lincoln go through just 2 years ago.
This is just a sample of Lincoln's getting Oliver to laugh performance.
Lincoln had Oliver rolling, until the camera came out. But this is fun too.
Early morning smiles. Lincoln offered to get his blanket out just for Oliver...and maybe a chance to have his blanket out of his crib.
As if Oliver really needs his hair combed, Lincoln just wants to help.
Lincoln was happy to share his blanket for tummy time...as long as he could be on the blanket too.
Any time of day, Lincoln will climb into Oliver's bed. Luckily I haven't caught it when Oliver is napping.
Oh and what kid doesn't want to wear mascara.
 5 Months
Oliver is such a happy baby!
These two love to be on these chairs.
Lincoln found his old hat that he long ago grew out of, but he modeled it for me.

We went camping to Cherry Hill with some Salt Lake friends. It was a really good time. Oliver and Cooper are only 5 days apart. They had lots of quality bonding time.
Playing some Koob while we waited for the water park to open.
When Oliver isn't in his chair, Lincoln gladly fills in. He set up all of Oliver's toys, just like he wanted them.
More bonding and laughing on the kitchen chairs. Oliver spent a lot of time there today while I was busy canning. It was nice to have Lincoln take a timeout from my leg to hang out with little brother.
Salsa and peaches at the end of the day. Tomatoes from our garden, and peaches from my parents tree.
All of that canning wore Lincoln right out. Lincoln asked for another sandwich, when I turned around to give it to him, he was sound asleep...so I ate his sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment