Friday, September 20, 2013

uh-oh Deeboes

Lincoln has a couple of quotes he uses over and over. Some are simple, and some are confusing, and some make me laugh. I am most intrigued at how he picks up his words and phrases. Here is a small example. It was well over a month ago we were playing on our lawn with a tennis ball and racket. After trying to get Lincoln to hit the ball, I finally took another racket and said, "Lincoln, watch this." He watched me hit the ball high into the air, and I thought he'd be so impressed. But for a two year old who is learning so much about his world, and how to communicate, Lincoln was listening to my words. Since then, dozens of times every day he is saying "mommy, watch this". He will say it over and over until I tell him, ok Lincoln, I'm watching. He waits for this response, even if he sees me looking right at him. Sometimes he has something fun for me to see, most of the time, he knows that's how to get my attention and he makes something up as soon as he has it. Sometimes a silly face and/or noise, sometime he runs in circles and makes me smile. My new favorite addition to this phrase is "rr rr (Oliver), watch this". This makes me smile even bigger. These boys get along so well. I hope it lasts a lifetime!
Lincoln has been able to say "uh-oh" for a very long time. He'll say it about just about anything that goes slightly wrong. If a napkin were to drop off the table, or if a bowling ball were to roll of the table, the same reaction, the same word. Lately he has been saying "uh-oh deeboes". I finally realized he is trying to say uh-oh spaghetti-o's. I don't ever remember saying it, but I don't doubt that I have said it at least once. He no longer stops with the "uh-oh" it is now "uh-oh deeboes" repeated over and over.
In this video, Oliver's shoe falls off.

In this video, Oliver's shoe is still off.

What a helper...

A few more phrases that will never get old (or maybe they will)
-Mommy meer. (Mommy come'ere")
-Mommy, milk. (This is whenever he is hungry or tired and doesn't know what else to say. again repeated over and over)
-One, two, ree, kour, kive, ix, even, eight, niiine, ten, e'even, elve, irteen, kourteen, eighteen, nineteen. Lincoln loves to count! He counts everything in site. He counts when he's playing by himself, he counts his money, he counts his shoes, you name it, he'll count it. My personal favorite is each time he gets hurt, I have taught him to count and the "owee" will be gone by the time he gets to ten. It usually sounds like this. Owee mommy...one two three.

 Okay enough words, let's get on with the photo shoot of these boys!.
We went up Morgan Canyon with Jodi and kids one evening to eat some peach cobbler and see the train. The train came just as we were cleaning up. After the initial startling train horn, Lincoln loved it!


Aunt Jod playing with the kids, bugs and snakes.

There's that train!
 We hiked up to "The Living Room" in Salt Lake for Labor Day. The boys loved it, and it felt good to be back in the mountains on a short hike again.
Lincoln loved trying out all of the chairs.


Oliver quite liked it too.
It really was a perfect day for a hike.
 On a whim, we went to the air force museum with Macy and Marissa. I don't know why I haven't taken my boys there sooner. It was an awesome free place to see and do. These two kids have so much fun together.


 We spent a weekend in Holladay with my Graham nieces and nephews. They are a couple years older than the first time I did this. They are so much fun, and so good with Lincoln and Oliver!
 After a night of fun in Centerville, I was putting Lincoln's pajamas on and saw a huge welt on his head. It looked like a huge goose egg on his temple. He never complained about anything hurting so we figured it was a bug bite...a really big bug bite. The next morning he woke up with a swollen eye and forehead. So I took this picture below just to document. After his nap, it was even bigger. We gave him some benedril thinking it could only get better by morning.
 This is what he woke up with the next morning. Poor thing. I got a little nervous and called the Doctor. We got some antibiotics just in case it spread into his eye.
 The next morning was oh so much better, and by day 4 it was almost non-existent.
You would think I would learn my lesson...Last night we went to a park and played some volleyball while Lincoln played on the playground. When we got home, he had again been attacked. I guess he has some sweet blood. Luckily he woke up with smaller bumps on his face today.
 
Happy Birthday Daddy!
Lincoln still has fun saying this...even though it's no longer Dean's birthday. We went to dinner with some of Dean's friends and our mothers to celebrate.



At the end of the meal, Lincoln was showing off by eating big bites of his "trees" 
Oliver was a trooper and sat quietly in his car seat the whole meal.
 Oliver is a good little eater. He doesn't hesitate to take a bite, but he gets so excited to eat that I have a hard time hitting the moving target. Lately I have been feeding him right before his afternoon nap and he falls asleep in the bumbo. When I turn on my camera, the noise wakes him up and these are the pictures that have resulted.


 We had a great day at the park with Macy. The weather is perfect for the park. Not too hot, so the kids can actually play on the toys, and not too cold, so I can enjoy being there.
I love watching these two play together. They take turns following each other around.


 This kid still likes to cuddle, and still likes his monkey towel...hence he is still my cuddle monkey. The other day I told him his was such a handsome cuddle monkey, and he said, no mommy, Cute cuddle monkey...Well I stood corrected. He is a cute cuddle monkey.



Lincoln was chattering, and Oliver had to see what was going on.

I finally decided to teach Lincoln how to use my camera...he's a pretty good photographer.
I don't mean to end on such a bad note, but I really don't like to find these around my house. I just have to document them every now and then. Luckily, I have only seen the big black ones with the red spots on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment