Saturday, May 3, 2014

Easter and April, or April and Easter

Let's start with Easter. And let's then start with an understanding. I'm not that amazing holiday mom that some kids have. I like holidays, I like watching kids have fun on holidays, but I'm not great at planning and spending time/money to make it happen. But at the end of the Easter weekend I think Lincoln had an idea of who the Easter Bunny is...Just an idea, still a weird thing to try to explain when I don't even know who the Easter Bunny is. At the end of the day, by boys got a lot of candy and sugar.
We went to the South Ogden Easter Egg hunt. Lincoln gathered about six eggs and was content. It was his first look at an Easter egg hunt. The best was when he got to the car and found out candy was in the eggs he had collected.

On Easter morning, the Easter bunny brought very small gifts and a small amount of candy. Eight eggs were hidden in the living room, and three were found before we headed to church, it was so exciting to see what was inside those eggs!

Ready for church. Easter is my excuse to dress the boys in purple. Speaking of church, they got even more candy at church.

After church off to grandma and grandpa Poll's house for another Easter egg hunt. Lincoln was paired with Spencer as a helper. Lincoln had a hard time with the mentality to collect as many eggs as possible before opening them. Spencer was a great helper! And again, they ended with plenty of goodies.

Then off to the Graham's where Brynley (Lincoln and Oliver's cousin) was the Easter bunny and hid even more eggs for these boys. Oliver wasn't great at finding the eggs but he had no problem eating lots of candy from out of those eggs. 
Funny that Easter was two weeks ago and the candy was long forgotten by the boys. Unfortunately I did not forget about it and have helped myself to the weekend's treasure.
Aside from the chocolate, Easter bunny, egg hunts, peeps, jelly beans etc. I would feel funny talking about a whole Easter season without mentioning my Savior. The reason there is an Easter. What a blessing it is to know that He is Life and Light and that He lives. Knowing He lives gives my life meaning. Knowing He lives gives being a mother meaning. Knowing He lives gives me a desire to sacrifice anything I need to to have my family to Live together forever. I am so glad to KNOW HE LIVES! I am so grateful for that meaning of Life.

With our house on the market, we have put most of the toys away, moved furniture in a way that is not kid friendly and do our best to keep the home clean so we can be ready to show it at any time. So I have taken it upon myself to get my boys out and about on adventures each morning. Then they can come home and take good naps all without getting the house dirty. Lincoln is starting to understand what is going on. Tonight he told me as we were brushing his teeth. "I like to keep our house clean mom. It needs to stay clean so other people can come look at it while we go away." Yep, he pretty much nailed it. I wish I had more pics of our adventures, but here are a few... In a very random order.
We took a trip to Salt Lake for Oliver's yearly checkup. So we did Salt Lake things, like go to the State Capitol.

Later in the afternoon we met some friends at Scheels. 

This was a last minute hike with Jonathan, Cole, Macy & Gavin.
We stopped for some snacks. Notice Gavin and Oliver trying to get in the pic. too:)
We spent a day in Bountiful. Even better is we took Khari out of daycare and got to play with her all afternoon. Lincoln loves to see any temple. It was fun to see on up close.
Gram Graham met up at the temple. Then we went on a little hike across the street.
These two were great hikers...but they were both pretty tired by the end of the afternoon.
Hard to get 2 toddlers to look at a camera at the end of a hike... Side note. Lincoln is on a kick of layering his shirts. He has 3 shirts on for this hike, but his favorite is on top..
We explored some of the Bonneville Shoreline trail in Ogden last night when Dean got off early. It took some convincing to get Lincoln into just one t-shirt. We got out his "summer" wardrobe and got him excited to wear "new" clothes.

One of Lincoln's new favorite games is "Hide and Seek". We play it in our yard a lot, and he always tells me where he is hiding. He decided to play it on our hike last night too. He closes his eyes tight hoping you can't find him.

Brittany and Mathew Butt are some of Lincoln's favorite friends. They are very thoughtful and really are good friends to him.
Notice the bouquet of  dandelions in Lincoln's hand. We were reminded again and again that it's okay to take time to smell the flowers on this hike. Lincoln picked so many dandelions. We didn't make it to the waterfall. Still a fun hike!
This is a hike by the castle in Layton. Peyton is a great hiking partner and Lincoln loved climbing this tree.
Salt Lake friends rode the frontrunner up to celebrate a birthday at the train park. We met them there and had a fun picnic and train day with them.
We went to the Red and White game. Lincoln loved every minute of it. Oliver was quite the opposite. Both Dean and I got season tickets this year. It seems like a perfect year because we can get both our boys in for free still and Lincoln really likes to go to the games. It will be interesting to see how Oliver holds up in a few more months.

My little hikers 
 


Daily there are things that happen in my life with my three boys and I think to myself, oh I need to blog about that. Then time passes and pictures don't get taken like they once did and it's hard to remember those thousands of tiny moments that make my life so fun!.
When the stars align and both boys are in the right mood, they love to wrestle with each other. They laugh and laugh and tackle and pull and laugh some more. It's one of those moments;)

No comments:

Post a Comment