Friday, May 6, 2016

To my 1 year old

Thomas Dean Graham-
You really know how to make your mama happy! Thank you for being so patient with your brothers and mostly with me. It's amazing to realize how much you have learned in one short year. You have learned to adore your older brothers and you always light up when they walk into the room.
 One thing that I hope will never change is your ability to hold a straight face. Even when I make the goofiest noises, facial expressions and gestures, if you're not in the mood to laugh, you don't. I love your blank stare of "mom, what are doing?"
You have two tiny teeth, and somehow they help you eat anything. You know how to "put it away". Sometimes it will just stay in your mouth for an hour or two, but you'll find a way to swallow eventually. It's rare that you actually stop eating. You sit in your highchair and ask for more, then more, then more. Eventually it seems like I've given you more than both of your brothers, and it seems like enough.
Milestones, you have them!
At 8 weeks you went on your first camping trip.
At 2 months you smiled.
At 3 months you bounced in your chair, and 4 months and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 and 9 month too.
At 4 months you graduated from your bassinett in the front room to a pack'n play in the front room.
At 6 months you tasted your first solid food...That was enough
At 7 months you embraced all solid foods.
At 7 months you learned to sit.
At 9 months you got your first 2 teeth.
At 10 months you learned to clap
At 11 months you learned to get around by army crawling.
At 51 weeks you learned to crawl.
At 8 months you got "croop"
At 9 months you got RSV
At 11 months and 3 weeks you received your first anesthesia
At 1 year, you devoured your cake.
At 1 second, you had my heart.
When you get excited, your entire body is excited. You love to swing your arms and legs and shake with enthusiasm.
You're a good little sleeper....When your brothers have something fun planned for the morning time, you endure the fun and wait for an afternoon nap.
One of your favorite games is to find a small toy and drop it off between the railing.
When Lincoln yells really loud, you laugh. When Oliver tackles you, you endure.
When you see me in the mornings you lunge to me and melt my heart.
I can't say how much I love you! Thanks for being my boy Thomasy
We invited a bunch of neighbors with kids under 2 to a party.

 "Guess what everyone, I'm 1!"
Thanks for coming to my party
 Ok, food is in front of me, I'll try it.
 Mmm, this is a little different.
 Ok, I like it!
 Overload! Now it's in my eyes and nose!
 Time for presents, I wish my mom would put my shirt back on.
 Look at all these boys I get to grow up with!
Scott Swindle, McCoy Poll, Me, Carter, Daniel Kushlin, Grant Storrs, Henry Ellison.
Not pictured: Fern Gilliland, Clark Coil and Graham Duncan- but they were there!
Thank you Oliver and Greta for helping me unwrap my gifts!
 That was a fun party, but I'm so ready for bed.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THOMASY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment