Saturday, March 31, 2018

March 2018

I am thrilled to announce that we made it through March without a single day in the hospital! Our health has continued to improve and I think I would feel safe drinking from anyone's cup in our house right now! Yes, we're that healthy:) March has been the month that I have finally felt brave enough to get out and do things with all four boys. Sometimes I just need to prove to myself that it's possible!

This is my 3 month old!!!
 Winter came late this year. But we had a couple of epic snowstorms where we could finally make an igloo! But just like any springs storm in Utah, it quickly melted away.

 As one of Lincoln's resolutions this year, he committed to be dessert free for 2 months. We all counted down the days until March 7th. To celebrate I took him out to gelato and he brought 2 months of treats with us just to be sure he got the full sugar overload on that night.
 Right after the big snowstorm, the sun came out, and we got to enjoy using our sand buckets to play in the snow for a few days!
 Ezra is almost ready for the bumbo, but in the meantime, he was happy to get Lincoln's help.
 Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens. Hands in your mouth and warm woolen mittens. We all have different favorite things.
 Lincoln was very proud of this fort. I let him keep it up for a couple of days. But it sure makes it hard to sit anywhere when there is a fort on all of the furniture!
 Our friends Matt and Holly Davis invited us to share their 3 row seats to the Jazz game. If the man in front of us didn't have such strong cologne, I could have smelled the sweat from the players. It was really fun to have a night out with Dean, and it was even better to have awesome seats to a Jazz game. Jodi saved the day by taking all four of the boys plus her two to Oliver's soccer game and getting the kids to bed all with a three hour notice. I do have the best sister ever.
 The biggest problem with the Jazz game is that it was the night before Oliver's birthday. I had a lot to do to ready the house and yard for Oliver's big day. Right now, his favorite color is gold, so hey, this was an easy solution to how to make his cake. Unfortunately the frosting piper went through the disposal last time I used it, so I was left with a baggie to decorate with...It's a good thing that Oliver isn't picky about how his cake looks.
 And this is my 5 year old! The most selfless 5 year old I know. He will do anything to make his brothers happy. He likes to joke around and LOVES to wrestle! He is very sweet to his mom and never passes up a chance to tell me he loves me and that he loves me bigger than space. He has a good mind and is persistent in figuring things out. He's great at puzzles, mostly because he is patient. He is improving in soccer and even made two goals this season. After 4 years of bathing Oliver from head to toe and getting him out of the bath, carrying him into his room and drying him off, I told him that 5 year olds can bathe themselves and get themselves out of the bath and into their rooms all by themselves. (Only a month earlier he stayed in the empty bath screaming for over 30 minutes because he just couldn't get the towel on himself.) The day after his birthday, I sat back and watched as he washed his hair, his body and quietly climbed out of the bath and over the "freezing cold floor" and quickly got himself dressed. I asked him how he did it so well and he replied "that's just what 5 year olds do mom." Oliver is a good hearer but terrible at listening. He has his mom's voice on ignore mode most of the time. When he is determined to do something, it is awesome to watch him work. I love this fair skinned, blue eyed boy. He has me wrapped around his fingers and just like I tell him frequently, he makes me a very lucky mama!
After preschool, we met up with Marissa, Gavin, Kaitlyn and Khari at a park. We had a picnic and the kids just played. It was perfect!
 Oliver had the idea to have a pillow fight birthday party. I wasn't exactly sure how it was going to turn out, but it was simply amazing!!! I told him he could invite 5 friends because he was turning 5. So Khari was at the top of his list followed by Ryker, Sadie, Connor and Zack. They all came and some brought siblings along. The trampoline provided the perfect bounce house.


 Everyone got to decorate their own pillowcase, which was a huge mess, but kids where mostly happy to participate.
 Cake and ice cream and presents
 And finally the pillow fight. Everyone got to have a dual with somebody else. First one to fall down was out. It was quick and gave everyone a chance to participate.
 Then friends went home and we had a meatloaf dinner, then it was well past bedtime, but Oliver still had presents to open. I will say, this kid is really easy to please! He got a new towel and he was happy. He also got a camelback, scratch paper and some pants. Happy Birthday Oliver!
 There are some nights that there is nothing I can do to get my boys to stay in their beds at bedtime. So some nights, they win and I let them go until they pass out somewhere. This looked so painful, but he was finally exhausted.
 A friend told us about a hiking group that had a "hike" planned at wheeler farm with an Easter egg hunt included. It turned out to be a great day for the farm!
 For the first day of Spring Break we went to "This is the Place". Oliver always loves the petting zoo.
 Thomas rode on the pony by himself for the first time. Gosh he's getting big!
 And Lincoln loved to hold the baby chicks...or let the fly away.
 Ezra still gets occasional requests to be held by his big brothers.
 Spring Break was a very casual, fun week for us. For the most part, they boys were happy and we were able to do some fun things. On Monday they did a good job of entertaining themselves and playing together while I got laundry done. Sister Day came over for dinner and Family Home Evening which was the highlight of everyone's day. On Tuesday, we went back to "This is the Place" and enjoyed better weather. Ryker came along and we had another great day there. Wednesday was another day of playing at home. The boys played in the "soft corner" and we watched Planes in the middle of the day. I watched it with them, and then later regretted it as I didn't seem to get anything done around the house. But I did have a good hour long cuddle with Thomas. On Thursday we headed downtown. The Duncans met us there, and we had plans to go so many places. We ended up spending the entire day on Temple Square. There is so much to do! We went to the Church History museum for almost 2 hours, then went to the temple so the kids could "touch the temple", we had a picnic, played red light green light on the grass, then went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and the Family History Search site and spent another couple of hours there. Then we headed up to the top to see the view and then walked around to see flowers and fountains. When we saw the Church Office Building was closed, we went to the Lion House and had some cake. Dean had a meeting downtown and met us there for a few minutes. Then we realized it was almost 5:00 and we needed to get Khari her backpack which was left in our car. Jodi fed us dinner and we played in Bountiful for a few hours and made it home well after bedtime. On Friday I took the older 2 boys skiing at Brighton. My mom was a champ and took Thomas and Ezra so I could play in the mountains. The boys did great and were both skiing pretty well by the end of the day. I was a terrible mother and forgot sunscreen. It was a bluebird day and we all got pretty burned. Poor Oliver got the worst of it, my heart hurts every time I look at him. 
We had a great March and I'm so grateful to have healthy kids again! Spring Break is over, but Spring has only just begun!!!😃😃😃

No comments:

Post a Comment