Saturday, June 20, 2020

May 2020

There is just too much that happens in May. So this post is going to be so long, but stick with it, because there's some really cool boys in this! And when I imported the pictures they didn't go in order, so...in no particular order, here is May 2020 in the Graham family.
They boys got out the big dominoes. They stuck with it for quite a while, even though it would inevitably get knocked down too soon. 
 I thought it would be fun to ride the wagon down the hill at sugarhouse park. This time, I was right. It was awesome...until Oliver was the driver and they crashed pretty hard. 
We got our kayaks out a few times and had great lake days. Kayaks and sand=everyone is happy!
 Busted! So, Oliver, what did you have for breakfast today? Was there any chocolate involved?
 The boys dared me to ride my bike up Imigration Canyon. So one moring I did! Julie let me borrow her road bike and it wasn't too bad. Plus, my boys thought I was tough.
 Some nice people put on a graduation parade for the graduates in our neighborhood. My boys supported the graduates of the class of 2020.
This kid loves his binki and blanket. They are only allowed at nap time and bedtime, but he somehow finds ways go bask in the softness when he's out of his bed.
These people are two of the coolest people on our block! In true Lincolnn fashion, he has made great friends with Todd and Kori. They are an awesome biking couple who have "hooked this kid up" with some great biking gear for years. Lincoln will sometimes drop his bike off and put in an order to get his chain greased up, then he'll come home with a biking waterbottle too. I asked them to show Lincoln and I a good time on mountain bikes for Lincoln's birthday. So the night before Lincoln turned 9, we met these two at the trailhead and they showed us a good time! Speaking for at least me and Lincoln, it was awesome!

 And then it happened. May 29, 2020. He turned 9. There were no birthday parties, but if I do say so myself, this kid was spoiled. I asked him if he wanted to help me plan his day, or if he wanted a surprise. He wanted a surprise day, as long as he could be with our neighbor Carter for at least 30 mintues and bikes needed to be involved. 
Lincoln got a "Biking Scavenger Hunt" for his birthday. After breakfast, he opened a card that told him that he had to find his gifts and before he opened them, he had to work for it. His first task was to ride his new pump track three times, then he could go pick up Carter to join us for the fun. 
 The scavenger hunt took us to the church, the Stake Center, the school playground and back home to allow Carter to drop off his bike, as he's a new rider.

 Oh, and a little refreshment at home. Then off to Sugarhouse park, Hidden Hollow, Highland High and finally...
 Astrid's house. He was told he had to make Astrid laugh before he could open his gift. She's an easy target.
 So, he got to open his big gift. The Faux-pro. But don't tell him.
 After the scavenger hunt, we headed up to East Canyon Dam. But on the way, we stopped by Ethan's house so Lincoln could share some birthday brownies with him.
 Then we went to the lake. There were more people there than I wanted to be around. But it ended up being so much fun!
 Marissa and her kids met us there, and they were one of the biggest birthday surprises! It was so much fun to have cousin time!


 Gram Graham also joined us! She was sweet to come along and help us celebrate. Ezra had such a fun time with her!
 The beach was so muddy, but it didn't keep these kids from having so much fun!
 Another birthday surprise. Lincoln bought this helmet for himself and it was supposed to arrive on June 3rd, but for whatever reason, it showed up on his birthday. He was on cloud 9!
 Grasshopper ice cream with brownies. Made to order for you kiddo!
 Happy Birthday Lincoln! I really can't believe it's been 9 years that I've been a mama! This kid teaches me so much! Every single day! I'm honored to learn from him and try a little more each day to be a better mom. Lincoln is a listener, observer, learner, biker, soccer player, skier, any kind of outdoor adventurer, a kid who has so much going on in his little brain, and is able to face each new day with courage. I love  you, Lincoln!

Dean gave the boys haircuts. He got a little fancy with Thomas' haircut.
Oliver had this sliver in his foot for over a week. He wouldn't let me, or my mom pull it out. After about a week, it was so infected, he could just grab it.
I apologize for the graffic photo, but I couldn't believe how big that sliver was!
Jodi and I have been going on walks up City Creek Canyon on weekend mornings. Rain or shine, we go. It has been priceless to have these mornings set apart with her!
This is Thomas' pre school gradution, COVID-19 style. What a memory this year will be for us!


While I took Thomas to his graduation, I put Oliver in charge of Ezra. He took this responsibility very seriously, and got right to finding something enjoyable for Ezra to eat. We were gone about 20 mintues and this candycane was almost gone. But both boys were happy and safe. Thanks Oliver!
I'm not sure what inspired Ezra to dress up in his coat and hat, but he wouldn't take it off, even when he went outside and felt the hot sun.
Hike days are the best! This shot is at the end of the hike when everyone was nice and dirty...Signs of a good hike!
It's fun to see the places the boys want to stop of photo ops.
I had to bribe Oliver to leave this waterfall. he could have watched it all day.
The swing at the top! This is such a fun hike, with motivation at the top!


What? I like pictues of my boys in nature!
We went for a little bike ride around Sugarhouse Park. I let the boys lead, and they liked to go off roading.
Thomas kept trying to follow Lincoln, and then he saw how steep the hill was so, he'd just drop his bike down it.
Here's Lincoln cruising down, like he owns the place.
This was another one of Thomas' fun projects his teacher had him do. He was very proud of this one!
Speaking of being proud to complete something. Lincoln complete Lexia Core-5. He was thrilled, and the rest of us were all relieved! 
Talk about being so close, yet so far away. This kid will relax in his crib for hours, if he could just reach that binki!
This happened. Lincoln got $50 at his classes class auction. He worked hard to save his class money and won the big ticket item. And that is how he bought that totally awesome bike helmet!
Another lake day! May was a good time to be at the lake, because it wasn't busy yet.
I have had 10 mother's days. This year's was my favorite! It started with a walk up City Creek Canyon with Jodi!
The only thing I asked for was to have one full hour with each of my boys. I made all of the meals, gladly, I didn't want to open any gifts. I just wanted the boys to respect my individual time with whichever brother it was. I let them choose what we did for their hour, and it was awesome!!!
Lincoln took me for a bikeride around sugarhouse. We found some bike jumps at a neighbor's house, and some stairs to ride down. Seriously fun! And it was stress free to bike around with just one kid!
Thomas and I played catch in the loft for almost a full hour. I threw the ball and he would dive onto the matress and catch it. After a good 50 mintues of that game, I finally talked him into doing a puzzle with me. This kid is so much fun!
I played trains with Ezra. Having one on one time with this kid is somethig I haven't taken the time to do very much. It was good for both of us. For better or for worse, he didn't last a full hour.
Oliver also took me on a bike ride. It was a far more relaxed and peaceful bikeride than the ride with Lincoln. Oliver is so positive. He didn't stop commenting on how much fun he was having. The word of the hour was "awesome." We went down to Fairmont Park and looked at the ducks. One on one time with Oliver is good for my soul!
Ezra went through a scooter phase. He would walk that scooter everywhere! I got everyone a scooter off of ksl because he wouldn't take turns, and he was always very partial to this scooter. Funny baby!
Thomas turned 5! I cannot believe he's five! Five is so fun! The birthday expectations are so low. The fun level is so high! It didn't take much for him to enjoy his quarantined birthday!
Of course, for his birthday, he got the coolest sandbox ever! He was pretty excited to say the least!
He also got a new tire for a bike that's been in the garage. He sized up, and it was the right thing. He was surely ready for something bigger.
Here's the box without the sand. I just have to say it. Thomas has the coolest dad!
The sand was delviered. The boys were pacing for an hour waiting for it to arrive. Let the fun begin!
Happy birthday kiddo! Thomas loves to play games! He'll play any card game, and board game, any competative game, you name it! He's such a good brother. He plays well with everyone! He's got a good mind and he can excel at anything he tries. I dare any five year old to try him in a foot race. He loves to run, jump, hop, bike, play soccer, ski and gives the best hugs! He has my heart!
For his pre birthday dinner he wanted ham and applesause. I'm trying to remember why it is green applesauce now. As a memory. His only birthday wish was to go to Chuch-A-Rama for his birthday meal. He's been looking forward to that for months. COVID-19 put a wrench into his one and only birthday wish. I feel like Thomas, and all of my boys have been pretty good sports about our new way of life. It's been interesting to see how simple life can be, and perhaps should be. I think he had a good birthday, even withoug the restaurant.
We tried to meet Jodi at East Canyon for some fun one Saturday while Dean built the sandbox. But the road upto it was closed, so we found a golf course to play with a stomp rocket that happened to be in the car. It was pretty fun!
This is a good representation of our May. Walking/biking to Highland High School for lunch. These school lunches saved me. Some days, Ezra insisted on walking his scooter there. It's a short bike ride, but a long scooter walk...Love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment