Sunday, May 24, 2020

April 2020

April was a month of getting out, seeing the world, and tons of friend time! ...April Fools. These boys love April Fools. Probably thier favorite holiday all year long. They don't trust me, all day. For breakfast, I "burned" the waffles. Sorry boys. I'm going to serve you chocolate cake for breakfast. They actually didn't enjoy it, or eat very much of it. 
Here they are in the middle of their school day, I decided to serve them Brown E's to reward good effort. I believe that's all of the "jokes" I played on them, and Oliver's teacher got all of them pretty good by having them search for a sloof lirpa bird that doesn't exist. Even after I explained it to them, Oliver was still looking out the window looking for the bird. They also spent the evening trying to trick me. I did get a wad of paper stuffed in my pillow, oh snap!
I can't get enough of this baby, or his tricks;-)
Thomas loved his projects from Miss Collette!
Quarantine time=Project time! I used up some old paint, ordered some rollers from Amazon, and got a new bathroom.
Oliver and Ezra are such good little buddies!
We went on a drive hoping to bring a bit of sunshine to my Great Aunt Diane. I got a bit lost, and ended up at the Bountiful Cemetary, so I thought we ought to say hello to Grandpa Graham. 
TIme to get new summer clothes out, and size up on Ezra's jammies!
Licoln made a fun FHE activity. It was baseball/volleyball. It was nearly impossible, but I was very impressed with the time he took to set everything set up for a good time together.
More school time...Or is it. Ezra want so bad to be part of this fun!...whatever it is.
Lincoln was excited to try all kinds of science experiments. I didn't realize they had never made a volcanoe before.
Here's bubble art thanks to Miss Collette!
And this really is part of our day in, day out.
Forced time spent together really isn't ALL bad. I kinda like these four boys! I really when they happen to all be smiling at the same time!
We decided to invite my mom on a walk with us. We decided to walk to the elementary school by her house for lunch. Well, it was a much longer walk than we anticipated, and the lunch was a frozen burger, but we had a fun, adventurous walk with Grandma.
And Ezra relearned about Dandilions.
We decided to use our state park pass and head to Antelope Island. We heard the gnats were bad this year, but we had hats and bandanas, we were so prepared! On the way, we stopped to say happy birthday to Grandpa Poll. The boys alway like to stop for a visit and run around, I forgot about the novelty of the jets from HAFB. It was a huge perk of the trip!
So we drove to the island. And after a quick 43 second walk down the trail, we all jupmed back in the car and drove around to see wildlife. We saw a ton of buffalo, and this is the only picture I got with the boys on the island.

We found some bike jumps up by Tanner Park. I thought they'd be way too hard for the boys and too hard to get there. But they proved me wrong! I just took Oliver and Lincoln the first time and they loved it. I didn't think there was any chance that Thomas could get this tiny bike up the steep hills to the trail, so I pulled him in the trailor. We went again the next week and he proved me wrong. He pedaled that tiny bike all the way to the top, then down trail, and all around the jumps. This kid can do anything!
Here he is riding up the trail!
We also took a ride down to Fairmont Park. There were so many ducklings! It was awesome!

Thomas found a hornet crawling on his neck, when he swatted it away, it almost killed him. So before we put it out of his misery, we had a small science lesson.

They boys have been wanting to hike to the H for a couple of years, since they found out Thomas had "touched the H" a couple of years ago. So we finally made the trek.

These boys are so fun to take on adventures. With Dean working from home, I got to leave Ezra during his nap, and it was extra fun exploring without a two year old to tote around.

On the way to the bike jumps again...Lincoln took a corner a bit too fast.
HAFB did a flyover of the state. It was pretty fun to be at the park and watch them go straight over us!
Here they come!
And just like that, they were gone...and so was April. 


No comments:

Post a Comment