Friday, May 22, 2020

February 2020

February 2020! There were some great things about February! We had a fun vacation with the Poll's. My mom gifted a weekend getaway to Springville with all of the cousins. We started the Friday weekend out skiing at Brighton with Hudson, Charlotte, Carson and my mom. It was an amazing day! My mom headed to Springville with her car full of fun along with Hudson, Charlotte and Carson. On the way down the mountain, she had a serious Pancreatitis attack. She managed to drive herself to an instacare, stopping a few times to relive herself. She walked in, and the kids didn't see her again that week. They rushed her to the hospital, and Kyle picked up the kids. We all headed to Springville without grandma. She ended up staying in the hospital for a full week, and we missed her so much!
We managed to have a bit of fun though. I took these boys for a short run up a hill. They conquered it!
 Perler Bead projects were a hit. Along with board games!
 And this fun room in the basement! So much fun for all the kids! Until day 2 when my 14 year old nephew tripped off and hit his head. The paramedics came and he also landed himself in the hospital for the rest of the day.
 While we were cleaning up to go home, I found Oliver and Char reading the scriptures in one of the rooms. It kinda made my day!
 This was a landmark day...Day 5 in the hospital  with 02 levels in the 90's and no oxygen. 
 This kid is hilarious. I wish I had the time/energy to record more of how awesome and funny he is. I Love 2 Year Olds!!! So independent and trying and succeeding at dressing himself. 
 This poor kid got a small case of the flu. He was out cold, in the bath. Luckily, it only lasted a day.
 We had some great snow days together! I have sevral videos of these boys going off their jumps, but no still shots. Jumps are their favorites! It's so fun having big kids!
 Happy 💗
 We got a late start one Friday afternoon, then got stuck in the canyon because of an accident. I was tempted to turn around. Lincoln decided to get out and play in the snow to pass the time. Sometimes he helps me see the silver lining.
 These two buddies know how to have a good time. The whole dining room table was available, but it's more fun to eat lunch on a small step stool with a brother! I loved my days with these two home together! I'm going to miss Thomas if/when school starts and Ezra will too!
We went to the Utah Lacross Game. It was the first one I'd ever been to, so we learned a new sport and got to see the red tailed hawk.
 
After the lacross game, we went the Winter Palooza with Jodi and kids. Just a bunch of fun things for kids to do, all day long. Lincoln loves being on stage. Everything is more fun with cousins!
 And Thomas loved scooting around this race course.
 We had another successful indoor soccer season. Lincoln is getting to be pretty good, and Oliver can hold his own. They had fun being on the team Dean coached this season.
 Thomas was helping me unload the groceries.
 I told you Ezra is getting good at dressing himself. The irony of two year olds. They work so hard to become independant, never give up until they master a skill. Then it's mastered, and they won't ever do it again.
 Have I mentioned I love(d) my time with these two kids. A small part of my heart is a tiny bit sad to have missed our last two months of the school year with just the three of us. But COVID-19 allowed us to enjoy the spring in a very different way.
 I love it when the boys are buddies! Especially when they are buddies in the loft!
 This was one of those days I should have paid better attention to all of the noise I was hearing in the basement. Not sure how any of it started, but I sure know how it ended. What a mess!

Snow day! This is our neighbor Carter on our snow mound. It was a good year for a snow blower!
They boys had a snow day, and Oliver was the only one interested in sledding at Sugarhouse Park. So, during nap time it was just the two of us. Kinda fun to spend some one on one time!
We got lucky and had our awesome friends Matt and Holly Davis invite us to a Jazz game. Yep, 2nd row, right behind Gail Miller not to mention all of the food and snacks before and during the game. It's fun to feel spoiled every now and then.



I think if I was this flexible, I'd sit in my seat and eat my foot too.
Ezra is fun. But man can he make a mess. Totally worth it!
I volunteered in Lincoln's classroom for Valentine's Day. We were in charge of a relay race. Ezra and Thomas were both excellent helpers!
Loft Time with friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment