I couldn't help but think back one year ago when Lincoln was born. I caught myself thinking-"Last year at this time we were...hiking, or eating pizza or not sleeping because of contractions, or driving to the hospital, or I felt overwhelmed with joy when they set this baby in my arms. I am still in aw that I was blessed to have such a sweet little spirit sent to me in the form of Lincoln who has been my pride and joy for one full year now. We had a fun time celebrating his birthday on two separate days. Thanks to everyone who came and supported and had fun with this guy! Lincoln's dad made this cake especially for Lincoln. Lincoln's daddy loves him so much- Dean is always so supportive of me and my ideas to host gatherings, but he really was excited for this guys birthday. Dean wanted to be in charge of Lincoln's first birthday cake-He even honored my request to put only a small amount of frosting on the cake for Lincoln's first real sugar experience.
 |
| I didn't explain candles to Lincoln before I set it in front of him. |
 |
| Once the fire was gone, he was still enthralled by the candle itself. |
 |
| It took Lincoln a while to figure out what to do with this big piece of sugar in front of him. The frosting was just sticky. |
 |
| He finally decided to try a taste test. |
 |
| Then it didn't take long to get him going! |
 |
| After a slow start, he had a big messy finish. Cake was in all of the appropriate places. On the floor, in his hair, on his clothes and even in his ear. |
 |
| Then it was time for presents. He didn't love the opening- |
 |
| But was pretty excited about what was inside. He saw one toy and didn't want to open another |
 |
| Until he saw the next one. |
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO! WE LOVE YOU!
so wish we could have been there for your birthday Lincoln! You are such a sweet little guy! Marcus says 'Feliz Cumple!!'
ReplyDeleteChau