Friday, April 19, 2013

4 weeks down, forever to go

These must be some of Lincoln's thoughts as he tried to adjust to his new life with a little brother.
I'm so good at this big brother stuff, I don't even have to watch what I'm doing.
When I grow up I want to be just like Oliver.
Mom said to keep my hands off Oliver's binki, but she never said I couldn't knock it out with mine.
Thank you Grandpa for teaching me to put EVERYTHING on my head and watching it fall down.
This toy is even more fun that it was a year ago. I can bounce so high.
Partly because I was getting stir crazy, and partly because I love to visit my grandparents. I took the boys over for a little visit. Lincoln marched in and acted like he owned the place, and Oliver never even opened his eyes to see 2 of his great grandparents. 
Linc stood by grandpa just long enough for mom to get the camera out, then he was off.
 When Grandpa came upstairs from working in his office, Lincoln gave him a quick wave, then told him right where to sit down by pointing to his chair. Like a good grandpa, he took a seat.
Lincoln may be the first person to ever tell my Grandpa "no". 

Grandma is so good with all the kids. She's on the floor because she had been playing with Lincoln for the past hour, then Lincoln took her chair. We'll have to teach him to respect his elders later.
Grandma finally got her chair back.
Lincoln got his cup of m&m's and his jacket then stood still just long enough for a shot with grandpa great.

Camera tricks...The last couple months have been hard to take pictures of Lincoln. Every time he sees the camera he stops whatever he's doing and wants to hold the camera. I'm trying to teach him to let me take his picture, then he can see them after. So here's  a couple photo shoots where he's learning. I'm sure you can imagine, there are plenty more similar pictures on my camera, and he had to walk back over to me to look at the new picture each time.


For some reason, when I told him to go in front of me so I could take his picture, he thought I wanted him to kneel down...maybe because I was on my
Learning how go smile at a camera is a whole other skill.

I tried to get the bottle out of the picture, but Lincoln wanted it as a prop.


 Again he's kneeling down for the picture to be taken

Ok mom, I'm ready for you to take my picture.
 Now we're learning how to smile for the camera.

Who doesn't want a whole bag of lettuce for their afternoon snack.

Lincoln knows how to dress well. Stripes on stripes with a side hat is the 2013 way.
I bought this stool for Lincoln so he could reach things like the sink, and doorknobs for his keys. He has really taken this stool thing to a new level. He uses it to get into everything including all kitchen drawers. He even brings it into Oliver's room so he can help me change Oliver's diaper
Oh and Oliver wanted to say hello too. So fun to have a baby in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment