Wednesday, April 3, 2013

When there was 1

March brought some drastic changes into our lives. Especially this guy's life. For the past 22 months my life has been following little Lincoln around with my camera and gawking at his every move. So before that changes, I thought I'd post some more Lincoln highlights and a list of his new words, just because I am amazed at the words he decides to start using.
Lincoln cracks both me and himself up. "Where's Lincoln?"

Park time is the best, especially when you have pockets.

Linc isn't afraid of slides this year. I don't know if he likes the challenge of getting to the slide's top or the actually going down the slide more.

Here is one of Lincoln's favorite spots to play, and apparently suck his thumb. Oh every place is a favorite thumb sucking spot.

Shopping the St. Patrick's day specials. He knew just what to do with the hat...and don't mind the mess behind him.

We were out shopping and heading back to our car-Linc was waving at everyone in the parking lot including a fireman who was at the supermarket. He found a hat in his truck and gave it to this little guy.

Lincoln loves to help with laundry. I use the word help very loosely.

 "The Plan" was to go in on Friday March 22nd and be induced...I was anxious to not be pregnant anymore so I talked Dean into going on a hike for FHE on the Monday before the 22nd. After all, that is what got Lincoln here.



We made it to the waterfall! And down before it was too dark. It was a perfect evening for a hike!
When we got home, Lincoln sat in his little chair. He is good at letting us know what he wants with his few words. He points to what he wants, then he points where he wants it. So he pointed to Dad, then pointed next to him on the chair.
Lincoln's vocabulary is fairly limited, but it doesn't slow him down, or keep him from communicating what he wants. A list of Lincoln's words include: Hot (ot), mom (maaa), dad (da), more (mo), no (NO!), meow (mou), moo (moo), blue (boo), key (eeee). black (bak),
So really, what other words could a person need to get through life? When you have your lungs and a finger to point with? Life is good, and things get done. I love my little cuddle monkey more than words can say! What a wonderful 22 months we had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment