Monday, May 13, 2013

Deeese (Cheese)

One of Lincoln's new words is Cheese. That is how I know he wants his picture taken. He actually loves getting his picture taken, because he knows he can see it when he's done...Remember when digital cameras didn't exist? The problem with this- I can't ever take a candid shot of him. If he hears the camera turn on, he stops what he's doing, looks at the camera and gives me a real cheeser-which is pretty awesome too. So here's some of this weeks deeese faces.



So now you can imagine "deese" on each of the following photos.

Lincoln loves to help with anything and everything. How do we stir these muffins now that they're cooked mom?

I got out the vacuum, so Lincoln got out the broom. It's cleaning day-his clothes will come later.




Sometimes I wonder how long I'll be taking pictures with Lincoln in my shoes.



I know some kids try to escape from their cribs at a young age. Lincoln has never done this, he only tries to get into his crib...even hours before nap time. (right before this picture was taken he was starting to whine because he was stuck and couldn't get into the crib. As soon as he saw the camera, he changed his face to "deeese". When the picture was over, more whining)
 
Little Brother
Last week Lincoln had this shirt on. I realized he had outgrown it when I could see his belly. When Lincoln was helping me with the laundry, and saw I was going to put this shirt in a box, I told him Oliver will wear it when he gets bigger. Lincoln only heard, Oliver will wear it, so he took it over to Oliver and was ready to put it on. Oliver may grow into it sooner than I realized.



Is this what tummy time should look like? After Oliver's first attempt to raise his head, he fell sound asleep.
 This is my happy baby. He's such an easy baby. He sleeps a lot, and is pretty content when he's awake. He only requires food every 4 or 5 hours...I feel very spoiled.


My Boys
This is my favorite. Lincoln loves to cuddle with me, and if he ever sees Oliver on one shoulder, he knows there is another one for him. Sometimes when it's just Lincoln cuddling, he points to Oliver and my other shoulder, reminding me I need to have Oliver up there.
 Lincoln is such a good big brother. He always says "HI" to Oliver and waves, he is doing much better handling Oliver's binki, he always chooses Oliver's clothes for the day, he puts Oliver's dirty clothes in the dirty clothes basket, he's great at getting things Oliver may need such as a burp cloth or a blanket, and he doesn't even flinch when Oliver cries.


Lincoln only touches Oliver when I'm around and is good at being careful with him. Kisses are also only when mom can supervise.
I was trying to catch an Oliver smile on camera. I told Lincoln he needed to show Oliver how to smile, so as directed, he got right in Oliver's face and "showed" him what a smile was.


Bubbles
It was fun to break these out again. Lincoln can now open the lid on his own, blow the bubbles,and when he's all done, he can even dump all the bubbles out.





What kid picks out the Lima Beans and eats them first?
When Lincoln can't get the end of the bowl with his spoon, he resorts to drinking his food. He finished all of his veggies this way today. 
 Dean will sometimes comment on my overuse of the camera. But really, pictures make me happy. It is impossible for me to look at pictures of my kids and not be happy.


1 comment:

  1. We so need to come see this new baby and cute Lincoln. Maybe one of these days we'll plan a day trip and come waaaaaaay up there to visit and have fun.

    ReplyDelete