Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Summer 2014

The last four months of my life have been somewhat of a whirlwind. In some ways it seems so much has been crammed in, and in other ways I look back and think what did we accomplish. In the last month, there have been a couple of noteworthy events. I know too much detail will ensure you to stop reading, so I will try to be brief: 
  • Oliver is now a walker! He went from 2 steps in a row one day, and then 20 steps in a row the next day-July 3rd. 
  • I finally upgraded to a smart phone. After 8 days of ownership, I dropped the phone and shattered the screen. It took 2 weeks and $160 to get it fixed. Once again, I have a smart phone and a case.
  • Dean and I celebrated 5 years together. We spent the evening in Brigham City. We went to Maddox, the temple, out for ice cream and even got Jon and Jess Poll to watch our boys so we could spend the evening in a really nice Howard Johnson in Brigham City. The next morning we got up early and hiked to Ben Lomand Peak.
  • We finally got our home under contract! We got an offer while Dean was without cell phone service at Scout Camp. After a week of negotiating, we finally settled, and signed some papers. We plan to close August 26th. I anticipate the next 3 weeks will also be a whirlwind.
  • After having a house on the market with two little boys, I intend to never sell a home again while living in it with my family. There I said it.
Now I will overwhelm anyone looking at this post with pictures. These are all from my new phone, and remember I've only had it since July 3rd, and I didn't have it for a full two weeks. Enjoy!

It poured rain today while I was mowing the lawn. Linc loves to take selfies.

Linc loves the temple. Today he was escorting me through the house like the ushers at the open house. 

My little monkey. We're going to miss this yard! 
FHE Treat on the lawn.
 Marissa got our whole family tickets to the temple open house on the first night. Lincoln and Macy were so fun to watch. They loved their temple pics together.



Our neighbor Rachel taught Lincoln how to really eat a cucumber.

I turned the jets on in the tub for Lincoln for the first time. He had no idea they even existed. Now we can't have a bath without them.

A night at the park, this kid loves to hang!

We went to visit GGPa , but he wasn't in his bed. We had to go on a little walk to see where he had escaped.

It was time to visit Gram Graham. The boys love it there, especially a Popsicle on a warm day.

Sometimes I just think my boys area adorable. Lincoln has been especially good with Oliver the last couple of weeks.


Oliver gets his throne on the kitchen counter. After taking his highchair out to the garage dozens of times for house showings, we discovered it was easier to do if it wasn't connected to a chair.

Macy's birthday party. Oliver loving the cake and grandpa's lap.

This kid loves the trampoline. He climbs up by himself and runs all around. Our favorite is when he runs and jumps off into my arms. I hope he'll always wait for me to be there before he jumps off.



What are we going to do without our neighbors. My boys LOVE to spend time with Bev and Phil. 
Redefining "cool"

Oliver woke up long enough to drink his milk, then was down for a nap on the kitchen floor.

Take me out to the ball game! Raptors 3 Guests 3. 3 Innings and we were out!

Lincoln's new friend Kathy, (Bev and Phil's daughter) dropped this ball off for Lincoln while he was taking a nap. I asked him what it was and he told me a helmet.
 A trip to Ogden Nature Center with Ashley, Keira, Abby, Jodi and Khari.




This kid loves to play!
 One last trip to the treehouse. It was one of our favorite Ogden activities. Especially with Macy!


 Whatever Lincoln does, you can bet Oliver will do it too!



Sometimes Oliver finds his own way of having fun.





What fun is a bath without paint?
 We had a water party at Uncle Ryan's. Lincoln had so much fun, but gets so cold his lips turn purple.



Another trip to GGpa's house. The kids find ways to entertain themselves. This time it was choo-choo.

Lincoln always checks for candy in the machines at the mall. Sometimes he finds some.
 4th of July fun. We went to the Centerville parade and Clearfield days for the fair. Lincoln loved both of them. Especially the bounce houses. He had no fear!







 My first pics with my new phone... no I wasn't driving.
Oliver gearing up to walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment