Sunday, April 10, 2016

March 2016

We got a few more pictures in March...so here goes!
Thomas is finally eating finger foods! And Oliver is making a giant mess with his smoothie. But his song is so cute, I choose not to stop him.
 Sometimes I don't have time to spoonfeed Thomas, so he just takes care of it. 
 Lincoln is such a good friend to Thomas...though often he just "plays" with Thomas by playing with the toy Thomas had.
 We had to take advantage of the nice weather. Lincoln loves to fly!
 And Lincoln likes to push Thomas in the swing!
 We signed Lincoln up for indoor soccer. I volunteered to be the coach. We rarely had enough players to start on time, so Oliver became a permanant sub. He loved it! He mostly just ran next to the ball with a big grin.
 Rub a dub dub, 3 boys in a tub


 Here's Thomas at 10 months. Lucky for me, he still just sits wherever I put him. He really liked the sand park. 
 We met some friends at the park. Lincoln really likes playing with this friend Ryker.
 We had the Antezano's over for dinner. It was fun to have so many boys in such a small space! It was fun to play after years of not seeing them.
 Here's Lincoln again taking the lead in play time. He's showing Oliver and Claire just how to put the puzzles together.
 We took a field trip downtown. Shellie and her kids met us there and we later met up with Marissa and her kids. We started by taking the train to City Creek. We played on the bridge and in the water. 
 Then we walked to temple square and 
let the kids touch the temple.
Then to the Church History museum. 
 I love that these cousins love each other so much!
 ONE day I walked to pick up Lincoln from school. 
 We had a fun Saturday activity at Thanksgiving Point with the Antezano's. This water table was the best. All 3 boys thoroughly entertained, and my favorite part, they were all stuck.
 Oliver was very excited to go across the ropes, though he was quite apprehensive to go by himself once he got up there.
 My grandpa LeRoy Poll passed away at the beginning of March. We got to take lots of trips up north and it was great to see family. We went to say "goodbye" when he was at the assisted living facility that was taking care of him. Though he was totally unresponsive. I took a minute to talk to him and to hold his hand. He struggled for a few seconds and it was apparent he was trying to talk to me. He squoze my hand and I know he was telling me he loves me... We visited him on Monday night and he passed away Wednesday afternoon. A viewing was held on Sunday night and Monday morning with the funeral afterward. 
We walked out of the funeral and were greeted with a giant snow storm. The internment was very memorable as we were covered with a freezing, windy snow storm. Needless to say we did not stay around and chat. We headed to the South Weber church for lunch. It was a typical post funeral meal, but impressive to be part of such a large family and to witness part of the legacy he left. 
A couple of years ago when he was in rehab for pneumonia, he thought he was on his way out, and he was saying his goodbyes to me then too. He said something that will hopefully always stick with me. He assured me that when he is on the other side of the veil, he will be even more apart of my life then. He told me he was positive that those who have passed on are so aware of their posterity and fighting to help them anyway they can. I know my Grandpa is helping me be a better mom today.  
I wish I had more pictures of the occasion, but I like this one because it caught Lincoln so enthralled with my grandpa's body. He wasn't afraid to be up close and try to understand what happens to a body when the spirit leaves. I'm grateful for the plan of salvation and that I can teach this important principle to my kids so that death is not the end for anyone.
 On our way into Lincoln's soccer game...I love how much these boys love their daddy!
 Lincoln had a day where his behavior was honestly like a breath of fresh air for me. He was so responsive, happy and positive all day. We decided to reward him with a trip to ice cream. Unfortunately Oliver decided to have several meltdowns as we were getting ready to leave. So Lincoln and I got to have a night on the town. With just the two of us. We both had a really good time together! Lincoln wanted to take a walk to the sugar beet. We also went to chick-fil-a and got Lincoln some new shoes. 
 This is my life. 
 Happy Birthday to Oliver!!! Oliver is so easy to please! I love him more than I can say. When I would ask him what he wanted for his birthday, his reply was simply cake. AND ice cream. I let him pick the color of ice cream. I also asked him what activity he wanted to do. I gave him a list of ideas, and he chose to go swimming. When I asked him who he wanted to invite he said Aunt Jod, and Grandma. Easy enough. Though Grandma was away on business, so Grandpa came and saved the day. 
As Oliver's birthday neared, we passed a 7-11. He asked if we could stop for a slurpee, I suggested we go for his birthday that was just a couipld of days away. He said, "no, we're going swimming for my birthday." 
 The birthday party wasn't until evening, so we took a special trip to Dean's work and played on the playground. We also went to Scheel's but the boys were so tired by the time we got there, that we only stayed for 5 or 10 minutes. 
 :-( No pictures of our swimming party, but Jodi brought her kids, and my dad was there too. After about an hour, we were all done and ready for dinner. Dean picked up a pizza, and we had cake and ice cream. Then Oliver opened his presents. I think he forgot presents come along with birthdays. He got a bunch of hot wheels tracks and a bunch of smiles. Now, 3 weeks later, he still asks me. "Mom, am I still 3?"
 Our basement is moving along, and finally it was time for the sheet rock to arrive. It came right in the middle of this hour long spring snow storm. 
 On this snowy day, I had 2 bored kids. I decided to do an Easter art project with them. It turns out, that we only got as far as making a mess with paint and footprints. The bunny ears will have to wait for another year.
 Dean took me on a date to see one of his favorite bands "The Mother Hips" who were playing in Park City. The music was good, and the company was even better. I don't get him one on one enough.
 The annual ward Easter Egg hunt was another success. I had the boys help me stuff the eggs the night before, then we went and found more at the church. It's kinda nice not to have an "Easter Bunny" expectation around our house.
 Here are some handsome boys in purple pastels. I make them wear their purple once a year. This Easter Sunday we went to Troy's ward to watch him be set apart as a counselor in his bishopric. Then we headed up to South Ogden and went to a farewell and visited our old neighbors Bev and Phil, and met their new dog Molly. I really miss those two.
 I have some awesome boys!

 Easter evening we went to my parents for more Easter egg hunts and dinner. 

 Oh, and happy birthday wishes for Oliver and Marissa too.

No comments:

Post a Comment