Sunday, April 5, 2020

December 2019

December brings more than Christmas in 2019. We also get a 2 year old! This kid is learning all kinds of new tricks. One of his favorites is hide the knees.
December was also the last month that we could use our Get Out Pass. So, we did one of our favorites. Bowling. It's crazy how much Ezra can do now that he's 2. When we first started with the Get Out Pass. This kid could barely crawl. Now he's bowling!
Thomas has come a long way too! He now won't allow any help, or even the bars, he's got this!
Oliver is fun to bowl with! He gets what the goal is, and can get emotional, but never gets down!
Thomas and Ezra have their routine. After their bath, Ezra gets to choose Thomas' clothes, then into Ezra's room and Thomas gets to choose Ezra's clothes.

We had a Ward Pioneer Christmas Party this year. Dean was elected to be the chairman of the Party committee. He spent a significant amount of time in meetings and even took a day off to build a covered wagon. The irony of the day of this party, is this was also the day the Utes played in the PAC12 championship game. The Utah game started at exactly the same time as the ward party started. Dean took the day off work to help set up for the party. Then, right before kickoff, he came home and turned on the tv. I took the boys to the party, and we ate all of the food Dean prepared. Unfortunately, this story his a sad ending. Oregon took the Utes to school. Our bishop is an Oregon fan and the rest of the ward are Utah Men!
 Lincoln isn't afraid to dress up...when there's an audience!
There were some fun pioneer games set up. Fun for all ages.
I have been totally spoiled with Ezra's sleeping and napping schedule/ability. We do our quick routine, and he gets his binki and blanket and lays right down. When he wakes up, he'll just chill in his bed for...well, I have no idea how long. Up to an hour I think. This particular afternoon, he started whining. It was out of character, but it didn't seem urgent. When I finally went in to check on him, his foot was stuck in the crib. Woops, sorry kiddo!
The next morning was breakfast with Santa. I'm not sure who is more distressed in this picture!
Again, both Santa and Ezra seem to be dazed.
We celebrated Khari's bithday at IHOP. Oliver was pretty stoked to get his pancake. He was less stoked when he tasted it and realized it was a wheat pancake.
And then December 9th. Ezra turned 2. He was quick to help with the cleanup with his cake.
I had to snap a picture of this kid. This is how I have always tucked him into bed. Blanket up to the nose, and his little fingers come and grab the top. He never moves while I'm in the room. I love you buddy!
Dean had the perfect idea for a birthday party location. We went to the Train Shoppe in South Salt Lake. We invited our friend Sister Day, and the Grandmas.
Ezra loved watching the trains!
As he rode this horse, he held on so tight! It was awesome!
For whatever reason, Ezra went through a phase of handless eating. It made for a perfect birthday cake eating picture.
Present time is always more fun for the big brothers!
Lincoln and Thomas spent their tokens on this run ride! Yee Haw
And the last game was the shooting game. I think Ezra enjoyed the trains more.
Happy Birthday Buddy! I can't believe that he's two! And I can't believe this is my last go at a two year old. I love this age so much! There is pure innocence and excitement for EVERYTHING!  Trains, the same book over and over and over again, toys, cars, games, taking turns. Ezra is so good at watching games too! He'll learn how Thomas and I play a game, and then he will stand by and help us play. He'll remind us whose turn it is and knows not to interfere, but help. This kid trusts me for everything. I wish that didn't ever change. Bring on the terrific twos! I hope I don't forget how much I need to embrace this year!
Thomas and Oliver played Jr. Jazz this season. I got to coach Thomas' team. And as his mother, I get to say, this kid is an athlete! He was one of the smallest kids, but he played great defense and made the most points on our team.
Oliver did pretty well too. Though he is a ball hog, and had a bit of a rude awakening playing with some bigger kids this year. 
Dean and I got to go to three jazz games this year. This one was just the two of us! I love excuses for a date night!
I took the boys to the Utah vs. Weber State Basketball game at the Vivint Arena. We got to sit nice and close since nobody was there.
I liked cheering for both teams!
Ezra got this card from a sweet lady in our ward, Sister Day. He was caught reading it after a nap one day.
Guys. This is a big day! The grand opening of the Loft!!! Dean has spent so much time over the last year making this possible! We had so much fun with friends and littles! Thank you Dean!

We took the Polar Express to see Santa again. The boys are certainly onto something. Oliver asked for a french horn, Lincoln asked for Key Forge keys, Thomas asked for candy, and Ezra cried.
On the way back, we missed the FrontRunner by 12 seconds. Half of the kids were there and the other half of us were running as fast as we could to watch it roll away. It was pretty dark and cold by the time we got on. Those without coats, were regretting it. We did get some great gas station hot chocolate on the way there (pictured) So, that was awesome!
Ezra and Oliver had fun watching the fountains together...They always have fun together!
We had a PB&J Picnic at the North Pole for dinner
Ezra endured Santa at this distance only
Hindsight, We shouldn't have stopped for these pictures on our way back to the train.
Thomas, Ezra and I had a couple of Christmas Pickups to do in West Jordan, so we stopped at the Lego store to play. Thank you Get Out Pass
Can you see Lincoln? Another Christmas Program...and Lincoln's aware he's still on the front row.
One of our favorite Christmas Parties is with the football friends. Cowboy Christmas this year! Thanks Asay's!
Graham Duncan's Birthday Party! Look at that fun group of kids in the neighborhood. Thomas is a lucky kid!
We had a fun Poll Christmas Party at my mom's house. Lincoln was totally thrilled with his Magic Set from Hudson! In fact, I'm writing this in April, and he was playing with this more today. Proof of a very successful Christmas gift!
We all got to make a gingerbread house!
Another fun Get Out Pass Day. We went to Funtopia. It was fun to watch these kids climb all over!


We also went down to Provo to a climbing gym. Thomas made it to the top!
Christmas Eve! We had a fun tubing trip with the Grahams! Uncle John spoiled us with the tubes. He also picked us up at the bottom and drove us to the top of the hill. Our boys could have spent another four hours up there!

Then onto John and Katie's for dinner, talent show and gift exchange.

And Christmas morning. These are some excited kids!
There was a special request to put ALL of the gifts under the tree this year.
Ezra missed the big opening. He slept in until nearly 9:30. So he got his own Christmas opening time.
There was more to be found up in the loft. But we didn't make it up there until the afternoon.
My mom made her way over just in time for the 2nd round of fun.
The day after Christmas, and this is what we do with our time?...really?
The kids think it's the best treat to go to Denny's for breakfast. So, what a way to say goodbye to 2019...Goodbye 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment