Tuesday, December 28, 2021

August 2021

August brought a bunch of changes for our family, but first, the fun just kept on coming! I took the boys to Bear Lake with Holly and her kids. On our way up, we stopped to do some climbing up Logan Canyon.
Even Ezra did a little climbing
We found a new crag, and the view was awesome. So you get a whole bunch of pictures.
And a beautiful kid, who was so excited to learn to belay.
Then we made it to the beach. 

The beach, was a bunch of mud, but it didn't keep us from having fun. 
And the beautiful blue water!
Ezra also loves the beach.
Yep, fun for everyone, all day long!
And inside the lake too!
Twinkle, Twinkle Thomas star.

Well we made it home from Bear Lake, and my mom made it home from her bike ride across the country. After two and a half months riding every day. She finally flew in from New York after a successful cross country bike ride. We all were at the air port to welcome her home. She was overjoyed to be home.
Welcome Home Grandma!
We spent a day at Jordanelle with Jodi's family. Notice the smoky air. It was a theme for the summer. So many fires, and no rain, it was hard to know if it was okay to go outside and breath. 
The boys have been begging to go to "Get Air" and one of our last adventures we made it happen.

It was well worth it!
Lincoln had a good summer, and I wanted to treat him to a one on one time. We got some brownies and headed to the University of Utah. I was getting anxious for my first day of school, so Lincoln allowed me to walk around and sink my teeth into the idea of what was ahead.
We went to the Olympic Park and had some fun. It helped that the boys had recently seen Cool Runnings, They were excited to jump into the bobsled.
They weren't as familiar with the skeleton and luge.
When Ezra is tired, he'll sleep anywhere. And anyhow.
For my birthday I really wanted to go for a mountain bike ride. Holly was nice enough to meet me bright and early at Mueller Park Canyon.

Then we went ice blocking with the Bird's

And grocery shopping at WinCo. Our favorite worker got a picture with us. 
The Hilterbrands invited us camping with them at DeAnn's brother's property. It was a different kind of camping, but fun just the same!
We went to Lilly Lake in the Uinta's. I think I know where it got it's name.
Lincoln and Claire out on the Kayak


Just a giant property and a pavilion. Perfect for a tent, volleyball, shooting, games and more games.
We also went to Scheel's and for the first time all of the boys were big enough to ride the Ferris Wheel.
And as always, we got a picture on the jeep.
The boys played baseball in the Spring and we finally made it to a Bee's Game. It was a different kind of fun now that they understand some of the rules.
And Ezra and Thomas could do the other events. Fun for everyone!
There was actually some water in the river at Sugarhouse park. It was a drought to remember. 
We used our PBS pass to go to the Natural History Museum. Somehow, my kids are good at museums.

The best was at the last. There was a giant, interactive game on a screen. Everyone was happy. And it's always more fun with the Blackhurst's.
Ezra loved the dinosaurs. Mom, take a picture!
We also used our pass to Discovery Gateway. I was a little nervous they would be getting too big for that. But they managed to have some fun still!

I love it when they work together!
There is a ball activity at the beginning of the museum. When they were little they would spend so much time there. This time was no different, after about 45 minutes, we finally pulled them away.
And don't forget Cherry Hill! One last hoorah. We camped overnight and got the King of the Hill Pass so they could play all evening. We kinda had the place to ourselves. Those boys climbed, and climbed and climbed. Lincoln conquered the hardest climb, and outclimbed his mom!
Thomas worked on this climb for so long. He was up there on one spot for over 20 minutes. I couldn't believe he didn't give up. But he did it! I was over the moon proud mama!
And the bumper boats. My kids were way too big, but because nobody was there, the guy let them ride. Everyone had fun there, except Ezra opted out...even though he was the only one small enough to actually ride.
Oliver at the top. He did great too!
And the next day...the water park. Unfortunately they made Ezra wear a swim diaper, which he wasn't willing to put on, even to get into the park. So he sat on the chair the entire day. But the rest of us had a great time!
Camping clean up. The Fords joined us for the overnighter.

And we made it to the first day of school. this was a big day for everyone!
I caught up to the boys just in time to see Thomas in his line. And let 1st grade begin!
I was so nervous for this one. Ezra and his first day in daycare. There was nothing better than to see him wave goodbye, tear free. My nerves were settled as I rode my own bike to school. 
I made it too. The College of Social Work. I was scared to death to start this, but here I am a full semester in, and all the better because of it. At least, I hope I'm a little better, and my kids are a little more resilient because of it!
Oliver wanted to play flag football so bad this year. We registered at South Salt lake just like always, but there weren't enough kids for a league. I volunteered to put a little team together. We practiced a few times, then Dustin held a mini scrimmage for us. 
Lincoln was asked to sing in this choir for Stake Conference. He did great and got to sing the harmony.
I got rid of this shelf from the garage and gave the boys a full day's work tearing it apart with their hammers. Oh, they are getting so big.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment