Looking back at July, We had so. much. fun.
Natalie and I did some morning hikes and the tower hike was a little longer thank expected, but we were so glad we finished.
Once we got to the tower, we just had to climb to the top.
Our first July vacation was Camp Highland when the Poll's all met at Kyle and Emily's for a few days and we just played! We went to Sliver Lake and it was almost gone, but can you believe it, the kids still had fun.
We went on a hike the next morning and Lincoln was a champ!
After the hike, we got back to the house and got ready for an all out water party.
The 4th of July was on a Sunday, and we did some celebrating on Saturday night with the Poll's. We went home on Sunday morning for church, but didn't have any plans for fireworks. No fireworks were allowed in Salt Lake City because of the fire danger. I decided to drive the boys up to I-215 to see the display of the valley. On the way home, there was a surprise show at the golf course with a giant show right over our head.
The Poll's came up for a little visit, and they did some serious perler beads.
The boys usually go on a Father's and Sons weekend with the ward, but this year, it didn't happen. So Dean took the kids up to John's property and I got a night off. It was awesome...for everyone.
They even got to stay at a yurt.
Spoiled, and lucky boys.
And while they were playing, I decided to play too. I went on a long road bike ride with the Jensen's, then I got up on the mountain and LOVED it!
All the while, the boys were playing.
We did an annual hike to Donut Falls, it's getting pretty easy for these kids.
Even Ezra is a super hiker!
Those boys are so good at exploring, and climbing and hiking, and making me so stinkin happy
We did a little hike with the Birds and played at this waterfall for a few hours.
And of course, they had to build a path for the river.
Waffle Wednesday was back in full swing this year. My heart is so happy when this sandbox gets used.
We played at the splash pad in Bountiful, and of course, we had a good time.
Next trip. Strawberry reservoir. We had so much fun with Jodi's family, and the trip's theme was Crawdad hunting. These boys caught several dozen!
There was then a crawdad bake and Oliver did good at eating a couple.
Theo was the master hunter and chef. He ate several dozen by himself.
Camping at its best! Not a lot of tree cover, but we had so much fun.
I told the boys if they would complete swimming lessons, I would take them to the rec center for a day. I don't remember if they all finished their side of the bargain, but we had a great day at the rec center.
Complete with ice skating!
The boys had never used a vending machine before. They were so excited to see how this thing worked.
We were new to racquetball, but they loved it!
Art night! These boys can get creative, if things are presented appropriately. The boys made signs to sell lemonade.
After months and months without any rain. This rain storm was one to celebrate.
We set up a lemonade stand at the ballpark....but finally, there was another rainstorm, and it hampered our sales. The boys were earning money to put together backpacks for refugees. They were motivated to give backpacks to Aunt Katie for her 50th birthday party.
We had a fun day at Causey reservoir with the Blackhursts. We got to kayak and do lots of cliff jumping.
Lincoln got pretty brave!
Peyton had no problem jumping from up high.
Landon was a champ too.
Another fun birthday party at the Kushlins!
One last try at selling lemonade by the bees game. It was a success!
Carson and Khari day was another awesome success! Thank you Jodi, for providing another day of summer fun!
And finally Aunt Katie's birthday party! It was a hit and the backpacks were delivered.
We went up to Ogden and went on a short hike with my old mission friend. Analiesa Leonhardt Lambert. I hadn't seen her for years! I'm sure we had a lot more fun than the kids.
And just like that July comes to an end.
No comments:
Post a Comment