August was wonderful! It started out with a visit to my dad. Lindsay Tensmeyer who was our dear neighbor growing up passed away and it gave me an excuse to see my siblings. While we were there, we got to see my dad.
We were just missing Troy, but we'll take what we can get. Love these people!We had some construction that needed to be done on our driveway. The city is very slowly taking care of it. But they did say we could climb on their machines while they were parked outside.
Troy and Marissa and family came into town. We went on a tour of the conference center in Salt Lake. All cousin time is amazing!
Even if it's just walking around the grounds of temple square. We also went to the church history museum for more fun.
Then we got to go to Bear Lake for the weekend with the Poll's. Jodi and Shane brought their trailer and we camped on the beach. It was magical!
The sunset was unbeatable, and it just kept getting better.
The only thing better than cousin time, is cousin time with Grandma!
Emily brought a glowstick party for the last night there, and it was quite the party!
Ezra has my heart!
The party just keeps going with cousins!
There was a big field for baseball, koob, and other yard games.
It also rained a lot...but not until the last day.
We moved dinner to lunch time and most of us cleaned up and left a few hours earlier than planned.
Nixon was helping Dean clean off the kayak.
For one of Thomas' one on one activity, we got to go to a ropes course in Park City. He was the perfect kid for it! I was really proud of him and quite impressed. He opted for the higher ropes course first, and he owned it. He admitted that he was a bit nervous, but had a lot of fun too! By the end, he was zipping around the course and asked if we could take another round. The guy running the place, kindly obliged.
Yeah, he's got this!
This one was a piece of cake.
In preparation for The Whole Enchilada, I talked Dean into going on a morning ride with me to Bobsled in the avenues. It was a perfect morning!
Our friends Astrid and Phillip came over and spent two full hours being perfect in the sandbox. I love watching these kids play.
One of Oliver's last one on one mornings of the summer was Big Pop and Little Pop. He likes coming down the hill, but sure isn't a fan of the up.
For my 40th birthday, I took some of my favorite biking friends down to Moab with me to bike The Whole Enchilada. We stopped by this shop so Dean could rent a bike with shocks. Holly and me were trying on some new shades.
On The Whole Enchilada. Jake Jensen, Me, Kyle, Holly and Dean. I like these friends!
Me and Dean, I'm not very good at posing as I kinda hid Dean with my bike. But we both did it!
This was one of those parts that wasn't rideable. At least, I can't imagine anyone being able to ride this section.
I love adventuring with my brother Kyle, I always get to be his photographer.
And I even captured when he almost endoed
Here's Holly!
At the end of the ride, we took a swim in the river. It was muddy from the recent storms that went through there, but it was so refreshing!
On the drive home there was a double rainbow. It felt appropriate because one of my only claims to fame was there was a double rainbow in the sky 40 years earlier on the day I was born.
Lincoln got a spider bite on his leg in his bed, so he asked if he could sleep on the trampoline the next night until I cleaned his sheets and spayed for spiders. He came in the next morning looking like this. His face and hand was swollen for several days from whatever bit him outside.
Uncle John took the boys to his property and then 4 wheeling at Wasatch State Park. They are so spoiled!
Oliver and I hiked to the Living Room one morning. He's a pleasant hiking partner. Especially if there is something great at the end.
Our school district didn't start school until August 30th, so we had a couple extra weeks to play while everyone else was in school. We went to East Canyon with the Hilterbrands and the Bird's and had oh so much fun.
The Kayaks were used, but digging ditches and sending water down is what these kids know how to do best!
Then I had to take Lincoln and Oliver away to be part of a friend to friend broadcast. It was very interesting to see the stage and scenery in Provo. They had mini auditions and got to be part of the live audience as the meeting was filmed.
Then they spoiled them with pizza and more snacks than anyone should ever have.
There was a puppeteer in the broadcast who let the boys play with their puppets when the show was finished. Lincoln ate it up!
My boys got to meet the entire General Primary Presidency. They were adorable. Sister Porter is the primary president and had this brief encounter with the boys. On our way out, Lincoln said goodbye, and she called him by name. He was on cloud nine! "I can't believe she remembered my name!" It was pretty special.
They were selected to be part of a social marketing campaign and got to record with Sister Wright the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I wish I could say they nailed it, but well...we'll see what the editing department comes up with. I did learn that I have some teaching to do to help them recognize the spirit in their lives.
Several weeks later, the concrete finally came so we could use our driveway again. It's been over a month since the concrete came, and they still haven't fixed our lawn.
Our last waffle Wednesday of the summer was very successful! Summer is the best!
After waffle Wednesday, I took the boys and Natalie Bird took her boys up to the Uintas. We had a one night backpacking trip, and it was simply amazing! Everyone did fantastic. We went to Wall Lake which is a one mile hike up to a beautiful lake. Everyone carried their fair share of stuff. Even Ezra carried his clothes and lifejacket.
Here's the crew as we started off!
We took a little break from the packs on the way up.
And we made it to the lake! It was beautiful!
Then we went exploring as we tried to find the perfect place to set up camp.
Ezra wasn't afraid of anything! His first task was gathering fire wood. He climbed to the top of this cliff and found this dead tree to collect twigs from.
The next day, we hiked around the entire lake. It was a pretty tough hike, but once again, they all nailed it!
When we got back, it was time to try some cliff jumping. Thomas and Leo were first in.
Ezra isn't afraid of hiking, in fact he loves it. He also isn't afraid of pictures, in fact he loves those too.
Oliver was a brave soul too, as the water was pretty cold!
Thomas and Leo jumped several times
Ezra was drying off. He jumped in with me first. When he popped up, he was crying...probably because the water was so cold, but he sobbed "I got soaked!"
Lincoln and Leo were the brave souls who jumped off the top.
Gearing up to leave!
Now for the way down!
After we stopped to filter a little water, we stopped for one more photo opp. Natalie is such a good friend!
Leo and Thomas were thrilled to have their picture taken once again.
At least Thomas was!
And we made it back. This is one awesome group of boys!
Natalie snagged this shot of Oliver and Ezra. They are such good little buddies!
Good morning. That is something I could get used to!
Trying to fit in everything possible on the last week of summer, we went to a splash pad in Herriman. It's a great splash pad, it was just a cold, stormy day.
our friend Jorkeam came with us, and he wasn't afraid to get wet in the cold water.
We stopped by Scheels on the way home. My niece Vanessa also came along for the fun.
We had a good ride on the Ferris Wheel.
Once again, Uncle John found a way to spoil his nephews.
My mom was an allstar and watched the boys one day while Dean and I went to the temple. They had way too much fun! And stayed up way too late:-)
We went to another splash pad with our neighbor Carter before the summer officially ended.
And the last day of summer we spent at TrailSide Park in Park City. Holly joined us that day.
Ezra and Oliver enjoyed the snacks more than the riding, but we all had fun.
Lincoln is getting really good!
He makes this look really easy!
We went to back to school night and Oliver signed up to be a crossing guard. He got a safety patrol badge. This is significant because my dad also had a safety patrol badge from elementary that he kept with him and kept it in his car for years, perhaps until the day he died. He was always proud to be a safety patroller.
FINALLY! The first day of school. It was a much anticipated day for everyone. Except Ezra. He was less excited than the rest of the crew. One month in, and he's remembered that he likes it!
I was trying to make it to Ezra's school and then back to the elementary school to say goodbye to my boys. I made it to Thomas in his line...just in time.















































































No comments:
Post a Comment