Sunday, June 18, 2023

April 2023

 Sigh, I can't figure out how to get these pictures in order. So, once again, I'll start from the end of the month and work backward. Which works out, because the end of April was AMAZING! I finished classes and two days later I took the boys down to Arches and Moab. We had such a fun time! They are big, and can do things, and do things, and we had a great time and made so many fun memories. On our last night there, we hiked Delicate Arch after the sun went down. These boys are strong hikers, and so adventurous.

Ezra did great at the night hike, but within seconds of getting in his carseat, he was out!
Under the arch at night!


There was a car show the weekend we were there, so there were plenty of police officers along main street. They were happy to let the boys take some pictures on their bikes.
As we happened upon the car show, we took a break in the shade of this tree, and enjoyed the long grass.
Where's Lincoln?
Thomas reminds me of the scarecrow.
More fun hiking. This was just along the green river.
And while were at the river. we played at the boat dock for a couple of hours. It was the best beach we could find, and it worked out just great!
Who needs sand when you have mud?
More climbing time!
On our hike to Corona Arch, there were amazing cactus blooms!
The hammocks in our campsite entertained the boys for hours, and hours. They played, and argued, and jumped, and played in these hammocks!
Ah, yes, this is my life with boys...wouldn't trade it for anything.
Another shot at Corona Arch

Double Arch. We did all of the little hikes we have never done before!
The most amazing sunset awaited us at Double Arch
Here's the windows

They loved playing in the pipes along the trails.

Balanced Rock was our first stop, and even on this tiny hike, we had a great time!


I think I have the strongest kids around!
The boys played flag football this spring, but often their games were rained out. One of those times, we got a treat at Artic Circle
Our friend Jorkeam was always happy for the rained out days because he got to play at our house, and finish up all of the food the boys didn't eat for dinner that day.
Thomas' end of year music performance. He's quite the performer...Front and center here.
On Easter, I took Thomas to the park to take some 8 year old pictures. He says he's shy, but he was sure good at posing for the camera. I love this kid more than he will ever know!




We do Easter different than most, but I try to let the kids see some candy...that is from the candy they found the previous day of their easter egg hunts.
Our ward Easter Egg hunt is always fun. This is our neighbors Astrid and Phillip.
And Ezra loving the egg hunt!
Thomas poses at the top of the lift!
Even in April, when it was supposed to be spring skiing. The snow was still above our van. The lines to get to the resort took so long the boys got out to play in the snow banks.
Here's the view from my window on a morning in April!
Thomas helped me build an April snowman, and had to show off his ice cycle. 
This was our first and only snowman of the season. I'm glad we got one last storm to make it happen.
Every year my dad says It always snows in April. This year, I think he was in charge of the storms, because there was so much snow in April
I feel like I trained my boys well. April Fools won't come and go without some kind of shenanigans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment