Sunday, June 18, 2023

March 2023

 Spring Break(s) 2023. This year, I got two spring breaks! My school got out the first week of March and my supervisor made me take the time off from my practicum too. Then when my kids were out of school, I had a break from my practicum since my practicum was working for the school district. So I got to play hard twice. When my kids were out, we spent hours at a bounce house. I thought we'd go for an hour, but I think they were bouncing for four hours. I got one of my final papers written!


They had so much fun! and had no fear!
It was just my boys. Which is sometimes refreshing.
We had a day with the Ellison's at the aerospace museum.

And they hosted us at the zoo! We were so lucky, and had so much fun!

We spent a downtown day doing a scavenger hunt at City Creek Mall. Have I ever mentioned how fun it is to have big kids!
These two found the biggest pair of pants the mall has to offer.
And a sweet sports car.

Oliver turned 10! He was delightful, as always. His birthday was during the week which made it hard to celebrate on his birthday, but we celebrated all week long!
We spent the day at Provo Beach on Saturday. Oliver brought his friend Mason along for the fun. This is Thomas on the ropes course.
Arcades are always a hit!
Lincoln started to get the hang of surfing. We waited a long time to have a turn at this. 
Oliver and Mason living the dream!
Here's Mason giving things a go.
My mom stopped by and helped Ezra on his turn.
We all did a couple of rounds in this croquet game.
Thomas is very focused, and got pretty quick on the ropes course.
Oliver's class made an opera and performed it at the middle school. Oliver had a couple of solos he was really proud of.

This was me coming home from school the last week of March. This is one sample of our record snow year. 
Thomas loves getting his picture here, every chance he gets. This is on the way to the Planetarium. The planetarium has fun screens for everyone.
Here's an action shot of Lincoln. My kids are getting the hang of this sport. I wish they had more endurance. But for the few hours a week, they are loads of fun.
And a prime spring skiing day. I think we only skied two runs on this day, then they couldn't get our of their chairs.
Ezra was the number one defender in his soccer league. Mostly fun for a mom to watch.
Thomas in his music performance. I missed an hour of class to come to this...and my professor was sure to let me know it wasn't the right choice. However, I suffered the consequences and stand by my decision.
I had a fun ski day with Natalie. As much fun as skiing with my boys is, it was fun to have some one on one adult time on the slopes.
And another action shot of Lincoln.
My spring break was at the beginning of March. I went to St. George for a couple of days and my friend Catherine joined me for some outdoor fun. This wasn't a great ride, but it is what we found on our way out of town.
We did a quick TR climb on our way to a bike ride. I was missing a shoe, so that's my excuse for only climbing one.
Catherine gets ready to show me how it's done.
We met up with my old friend Kim for a bike ride. It was a beautiful day for an amazing ride!
I drove down to St. George with Troy and his family. Katelyn was a fun riding partner.
My mom rented this court house that has been turned into a VRBO in Junction, UT. Some of my family made it to the fun weekend.
We had good food, and a ton of fun
Marissa and I went for a hike.
Grandma brought crafts
And the courthouse needs a courtroom.
Cousins time is always so much fun!

In a nutshell, March was a lot of play! Especially for someone finishing up a degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment