My mom sold her house and was waiting for her rental to open up, so she stayed with us for a week...and we played hard. It was also Thomas' birthday week and we went to Jump Around Utah to celebrate. We were the only ones there and as far as anyone is concerned, I rented the place out to celebrate.
We played so hard. All kinds of tags and cops and robbers and fun and jumping, and lots of sweaty kids. Thomas was so happy!
And we tried a pyramid...Love these boys!
A quick shot of activity days for Thomas and Oliver. We had a Mother's Day party with plenty of competition!
And Happy 8th Birthday Thomas! It's impressive how much one mom can love one kid.
And the celebration goes on at Chuck a Rama. Happy Birthday Thomas
Oliver was very generous with his gifts this year. He hid $20 in his pocket and led Thomas on a hunt to find it.
I got to go on a field trip with Oliver the day before graduation. It is so nice to be able to be a mom again!
And graduation happened. I walked and intentionally didn't invite anyone. I sent my kids to school and rode my bike to Kingsbury Hall. I spent a few hours with my dear school friends and walked across a stage. I was so happy that my loved ones didn't have to sit through the long ceremony, yet I was able to see my social work friends one last time. Natalie and Pamela are some of my good friends!
And this is the sole shot I got!
My awesome supervisor showed up to support her friend. I was thrilled to see her!
Dean threw me a graduation party. We had a swim party at John's house where the rain came, and burgers and cobbler and friends. It was a happy night for at least me.
The very next morning we got to be part of Thomas' baptism. Such a cool day!
The plug got stuck in the font. So Thomas saved the day and we went back later that day, this time in his swim suit and he pulled the plug:-)
Part of my mom's talk included getting everyone on stage and involved.
Cupcakes and pizza to celebrate afterwards.
Carson gave a great opening prayer at the baptism. Cousins are the best!
And Thomas asked Hudson to give a talked. Which he did. And it was amazing! We have the best family!
My mom escorted me on my bike to the Arts Museum where Oliver's fieldtrip was held. It was on the U campus, so we decided to watch the Business graduates for a while and pull a U before she kept riding for miles without me.
Holly and Julie came to John's help to pool party.
And the handsome griller!
The hot tub was certainly a bigger hit than the pool in 60 degree weather.
Jodi and I walked to Sugarhouse Park where the record water year was apparent as the pond was filling the road.
It was finally warm enough for Lagoon. This was the first trip! It has been so fun! It's their first time for everything and they are all getting very brave. #bigkidsarethebest
ALL SMILES!
I tried so hard to get just one picture of all of my kids for a shot to show their ages when I went back to school. Ezra was not having it.
But if you look really close, he's hiding on the trampoline! LOL jokes on him;-)
After graduation, I had a full month where my kids were in school, and I was not. It has been wonderful for my mental health and for my ability to mother. I went on a hike with my sister in law Katie... because I could.
Oliver purposefully dressed with red and orange with crazy hair and asked, "Mom, how do I look?" I said, that's horrible. and he said "Good!" I love this kid!
I got to go on a field trip with Lincoln. The 6th grade went bowling. It was fun to watch him and his classmates interact.
Bowling is sometimes hard when you're not the best at things.
We went up to Idaho for a wedding for Dean's cousin's daughter. My boys had never met anyone there, but you wouldn't have guessed by the way they made themselves to home.
We even had the entire dance party following my kiddos.
Oliver is front and center in this picture. I loved being able to see their end of school performances!
Flag football happened. All three older boys were on the same team. However, their mom isn't great at capturing an action shot. It is always fun to watch my boys play!
Thomas is the 2nd grader in the 4th-6th league. This picture shows his size difference. But don't tell him he is smaller or younger. This kid knows how to compete.
Lincoln had the 1st seat in his orchestra this year. Again, it is always fun to watch my kids do what they love. Being on stage, is something Lincoln loves.
Lincoln and Rosie have been good friends since Kindergarten. They are the runts in their grade, yet it has been fun to watch them grow up together.
We went on a quick overnighter to Escalante and hiked a couple slot canyons with Trish and her little family. My boys loved playing with Hazel who snuck behind the chair for this picture.
This part of Utah is absolutely stunning in its beauty. And because it's been since a mild Spring, jackets would have been helpful, although, it was perfect for our hikes.
We hiked Spooky and Peek a Boo. They were the narrowest canyons I had ever been in. I tried so hard to get action shots of the boys in the canyon, but they were far faster than my shutter speed, and they kept disappearing.
This was the first assent, teamwork! Everyone hang on tight!
There they are...kind of. They finally slowed down enough for a quick shot, some of their faces are present.
And the hike out did get a bit warm, but nothing the shade and some taffy couldn't fix.
These cactus were in bloom and the whole trail to the trailhead was filled with dessert beauty.
This awesome picture of Lincoln, Hazel and Thomas was clearly not taken with my camera. It was such a fun, quick trip!
The day before Memorial Day, we met up with some of my aunts and uncles to visit my Dad's grave. I absolutely love spending time with my extended family, even if it's over a headstone.
And onto the next May Birthday. Lincoln asked his Uncle John to make him a Red Velvet Cake. And what Lincoln wants, Lincoln gets. I love this 12 year old so much. He continues to teach me so many lessons and my love just keeps growing day in and day out.
Lincoln also requested a balloon. Once again, Lincoln wants, Lincoln gets;-)
We went swimming at Uncle John's pool for Lincoln's birthday, and Memorial Day. Molly treated us to slushies, and Ezra sure enjoyed them!


























































No comments:
Post a Comment