Saturday, January 18, 2025

December 2024

We got home from Thanksgiving Break in St. George on December 1st, and went to Maegan's concert downtown. She played with the institute orchestra at the Salt Lake Tabernacle. And the boys obliged and took a picture by the Christmas Tree:-)
Maegan played the oboe in the orchestra
On the first Friday of the month we had two parties going on. The ward party had a live nativity our oldest two boys were a part of. They got to stand in the cold and be wise men and shepherds.
The other party we hosted at our home. It was with our "football friends". We had a "blanket fort" theme, so Dean turned our dining room into a blanket fort. 
The Packard's invited us over to make gingerbread houses. I cannot believe how much fun we had doing this. The boys spent so much time ensuring things looked just the way they wanted to. And I must say...they looked pretty darn good!. Oliver and Thomas are working hard here.
Thomas had every reason to be proud of his masterpiece.
Everyon's creations were simply amazing!
Me and Ezra worked together. He had a great time!
I think they actually had more fun making these than they did eating them, and that says a lot!
I cannot believe My Ezra is 7! Where does the time go? He was so fun blowing out candles, and opening gifts:-)
Maegan and Judy (Gram Graham) came over to celebrate. We made foam penguins to celebrate this kid.
Oliver had his band concert, and he did not disappoint. Together, Oliver and I learned how to tie a tie on YouTube since we were the only ones home when it was time for him to go to school that morning. He was so excited!
I think he's the most handsome kid up there...right in the front!
Ezra got a gift sent from my mom a couple days after his birthday. He had fun opening it, and doing science for the next couple of weeks!
Oliver was the best helper!
Ezra was the only one I could talk into playing basketball this season. He was excited because he thought he'd be the biggest one on the team. Well, he wasn't. He also wasn't the skilled one on the team. But I enjoyed watching him. I don't know if I'll be able to talk him into it again next year.
Maegan gave the boys hot chocolate for Christmas. We had a fun night of hot chocolate and games!
Lincoln's orchestra concert was another success. I'm pretty impressed what they can do.
Ezra and Thomas had a school music performance the same day as Lincoln's concert. I was able to get eyes on Ezra, but Thomas was hidden in the crowd.
The first day of Christmas break, Thomas woke up and entertained himself with stacking dice. He certainly holds the record.
Ezra created his own dice model.
We had a fun party at the Blackhursts with our camping friends. We played in their new house, ate yummy dinner, played basketball, had a fun white elephant exchange and...
The kids even put on a play for us. I love their creativity!
More science experiments!
We went to Lava Hot Springs on our Get Out Pass on the Monday of the winter break. The Blackhursts, and Packards joined the fun!

On the way home, we stopped for a really quick game of bowling in Tremonton. Ezra and Thomas bowl differently than the rest of us:-)
Then we went to our annual extended Poll Party at the South Weber Church. There's always fun games that everyone can participate in. 
On Christmas Eve, the fun didn't stop. We hit up Classic Skating again with the Blackhursts and Packards. Then we went to Provo for an escape room.

Then we met up with the Graham's. We did a service project, ate dinner at a restaurant and then played some games at the Graham's house.

And of course, gifts from Gram Graham.
Phew, we made it to Christmas morning.
The boys at least acted excited about Lagoon Passes this year.
Lincoln's favorite gift was the turtle his dad drew for him.
Actually, that's what he said it was, but it's likely the new gaming computer for the family to share...or for Lincoln to use whenever he wants.
Ezra got some finger paint for the tub. I was hoping it'd motivate him to bathe...it did, once.
The day after Christmas was our last day to use our Get Out Pass. We made it to one more trampoline park. Then we went swimming at the Springville Rec Center. We all had a great time!
Two days after Christmas, we got to go ice skating at the S. Davis Rec Center. We played a little racquetball, did a little swimming, and played a little basketball...Another day filled with fun. Then we even got to eat dinner at a Greek restaurant in Bountiful.

Lincoln and Khari made a game of sliding on the ice.
We went to visit my Great Aunt Diane. Lincoln and Diane have been good friends since Lincoln was young. It's been so long, I'm not sure Diane remembered Lincoln, but she was good at rolling with it. 
We celebrated Holly's birthday at our house. We played games, had dinner, and cake and ice cream.
Dean, Holly, Catherine and AJ won the couch game.
And the Sunday after Christmas, we went to Kyle and Emily's house for our Poll Cousin party. Gifts were exchanged
Tournaments were played
And Abby beat Shane in the finals of Keesh.
On December 30th, we had our stake primary service activity. It was super fun, and the kids did a great job helping others!
This could have been my biggest regret in 2024. I took Ezra and Thomas in for a sleep study. Ezra is smiling in this picture because he got to play with the bed for an hour before they started sticking wires to him. He HATED every second of it. He didn't fall asleep until around 1:30, and then only stayed asleep for an hour. It was a long night to say the least. But it is also a night I will not ever forget. Thomas was far more compliant, and slept through the night. 
On New Year's Eve we played for a few hours at the Planetarium. Troy's family met up with us there.
Then Troy and Marissa and kids came over to stay up late. The kids played, and set off fireworks, and had a leg wrestling war. 
We had an amazing winter break, and I'd say an amazing 2024. I can't wait to see what 2025 has to offer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment