Wednesday, November 14, 2018

October 2018

We started October with a trip to Wheeler Farm with Liz!
 As always, climbing on old farm equipment is the highlight!

 We did it!!! When I say we, I mean it. WE. Dean single-handedly built this place, and I went on a lot of field trips with the boys while Dean worked his weekends away.
 It was kind of a sad day. Grandpa's van sold. We made it to 320,000 miles, then found a family with 6 kids who is hopefully getting more miles on it. Thanks for so many trips grandpa's van!
 I coached Oliver and Thomas' outdoor soccer team this year. We didn't win many games, but my boys played hard almost the entire season.
 Another park day, with dwindling numbers.
 For three years in a row, we've headed up to Park City over the fall General Conference weekend. It has been so much fun, every time!
 We have taken our bikes, and this year, Oliver can ride a bike! He was so excited to ride on the dirt track that Lincoln rode on last year. So, we dressed warm, and rode our bikes to the park. It was a long ride for little legs on little pedals, but Oliver was so determined to get there. I was so proud of him, it never crossed his mind to give up. We finally made it after over an hour long ride uphill, and the track was locked and closed. My heart broke for him, but he didn't stop smiling. Disappointed, yes, but found a way to have fun on the playground. He was a great example to the rest of us.


 Besides the long bike ride, we went swimming, played games, did puzzles, watched shows and enjoyed a break from the mundane! We got some kids meals on the way home and had fun for about 10 minutes with the "free" toy.
 Thomas loves his party hats! He had a great time at Emily's birthday party!
 This kid is now a champ at the stairs. Going up, at least.
 Another trip to Primary Children's Hospital. This kid was so brave, he just didn't know it. 
 We had a great Fall Break, including a fun day at Antelope Island with Marissa and her kids.
7 Out of 8 kids did really well on the hike! Marissa was a trooper and carried Kate a lot of the way. 

 And on Saturday, Steven Poll brought Rhandi down to Salt Lake, and we hiked up Milcreek Canyon. For some reason, this hike was significantly harder for the kids to maintain focus and interest. But they made it to this great climbing rock!
 What do you think when you hear October? Just like me...Cookie Party!!! This is about the only tradition this family has continued year after year. But we all love it, for different reasons! It was another successful year.



 Wow, now that looks appetizing!!!
 My mom threw an awesome Halloween party for the grandkids! Lots of food, fun, games, and the couch picture.
 What is Fall without bobbing for Apples?
 I forget how much I love fall colors, until another Fall rolls around. Oliver found these gems in the neighbors yard.
 You might think just a tree. But this is just a tree, at Sugarhouse Park with my kid in the top branch.
 I thought it would be a good idea to feed him chili on the grass. Turns out, the grass ate the chili really quickly.
 A neighbor gave us this basketball hoop. I really didn't think the boys would use it. But BOY WAS I WRONG!
 We have had so many fewer leaves now that our neighbors cut down the 2 giant oak trees over our yard. This is just right for jumping in, and not consuming my life with raking.

Halloween props are good for all sorts of things!
Another stinkin cute bear! 
Can we go trick or treating yet?!?!
 
 Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment