Lincoln made a decision to take a one month break from desserts. He chose March because it was after Valentine's Day and he didn't think there would be as much to refuse in March. I could not believe how dedicated this kid was! He refused birthday treats at school, dessert at restaurants and even told Jerry he couldn't have a rootbeer float on March 31st. When my mom found out he was doing this, she decided to join him and told him they'd have a sleepover when the month was over. Well he did his part, and then had the best 24 hours with my mom. They even made this "showbox" during conference on Sunday morning. He came home between sessions of conference and this thing kept him going for another 2 hours as he finished decorating his creation...I should be more prepared for future conferences.
Thomas' new trick of emptying totally full toilet paper rolls into the toilet.
All my boys are great night sleepers! Every once in a blue moon, I get to be up with them at night. And most of the time, I don't actually know how to help them because it happens so little.
We had a fun day at Jerry and Rachel's wedding.
And this is the chicken. It sits off the side of the freeway in North Salt Lake. We happen to pass it every time we drive to Davis County, which happens...a lot. Somehow, this chicken has become part of our family. They boys love to talk to the chicken whose voice is, me. They ask her questions, take care of her chicks, tell her of their adventures and even invite the chicken to sleep in their room. The chicken just has to jump into a little bowl and then viola, it's in the car and we get to talk to this chicken for the rest of the car ride.
Another trip up to snowbird. It was a great day for a picnic in the mountains.
Thomas was a trooper and ate some veggie straws while the boys skied.
But anyway you ski, it wears you out!
We got an annual pass to "This is the Place Heritage Park". I was a bit skeptical on what it would have to offer. But it has been packed with fun for the kids and their friends all summer! There is a train that takes you around the park!
Thomas got pretty good on the pony rides, though he never let me leave his side.
The baby animals was their favorite in the Spring! It was pretty fun to watch the boys pet and hold the baby chicks.
Mom, can I keep him?
The petting farm is fun too, but there sure are a lot of rules of what NOT to do.
Making Ice Cream in the ice cream ball is everyone's favorite!
Another trip downtown. We went to the church history museum!
Then to Temple Square. There is so much to do here!
Hiking with my boys is one of my favorite things!
Even though Lincoln likes to be the big kid and act like a daredevil.
On our third trip up to snowbird, The boys got pretty good. I even put Thomas in some skies. ...He did not get very good.
How many Easter Egg hunts do kids really need?
1 at the church
1 with the Polls
And why not, one with the Graham's too. It kinda puts me off the hook.
It was a perfect kite flying day! Oliver got this kite up by himself and kept it up for a long time!
Sometimes we just stop by and visit GG.
Troy opened a new store in Layton. The miracle was he got my Grandpa to cut the ribbon at the grand opening!
More fun at "This is the Place"
This year I went on my first ever girls trip since I had Lincoln. I joined Holly and two of her friends and we went down to Southern Utah. It was oh so refreshing! We went into Zion's National Park
We hiked Observation Point!
It was beautiful! The irony of the whole trip, is we were so anxious to have a trip without kids, but at least 99% of our conversations were about our kids. It was great to go on a hike, and the only water I had to carry was my own. And every time I got warm, I took my own jacket off, and put it back on when it got cold again. I never had to help the other girls...though we teased each other we could, because that's what we were all used to.
On Saturday, Holly and I introduced the other 2 to the sport of rock climbing. It was a perfect day for a climb!
Then we drove into Snow Canyon and drove around and did a couple of small hikes before we headed back to the condo. It was a wonderful break, and no doubt that we all missed our kids!


































No comments:
Post a Comment