From the first day of kindergarten to the last day of kindergarten. My how they grow in a school year!
Summer finally came! Admittedly, I was a bit nervous to have 3 boys home again, keeping them happy, safe, entertained and me sane. But we had such a great summer. Lincoln and Oliver became best friends again! They played so well, almost every day!
Oliver spent a lot of time making a birthday card for Thomas. Then on Thomas' birthday he couldn't find it. But a month later it showed up and he gave it to Thomas in his bed.
On the first day of summer, we made a Happy Summer Chart. Everyone contributed and we hung it on the kitchen wall. Stickers were placed inside the smiley face every time someone was having a happy summer day, or did something to smile about.
Then there was a major dance party.
Thomas went from crawling at 17 months, to running full speed at 19 months and jumping and stepping off couches by age 2. Now there is nothing that can slow him down!
More fun at This is the Place with Ashley Long and kids.
We hiked around Silver Lake with Julie, Natalie and kids.
Lincoln had some money burning a hole in his pocket. Why not get a snowcone the size of your face when the snow shack is just half a block away.
Thomas and Oliver got one more their size.
Another thing I love about summer nights!
Thomas is getting pretty proud of his pony riding skills.
For some kids, farm animals never get old...Izzy Poll loved it!
Here's the part of my life called pre-natal exams. They happen frequently when there is a baby brewing... On this particular June appointment, we gave everyone in the waiting room something to remember. I had invisioned going to this appointment with each boy and their little homework assignment quitly and studiously learning letters, sounds and numbers. Well, that didn't get put together the night before, and the morning of the appointment was not our gold star morning. I had laundry in the washing machine, which unfortunately had all of Oliver's "favorite" shorts in them. There was nothing I could do or say to convince Oliver to wear one of the 8 other pairs of shorts in his drawer. Needless to say, we did not make it on time to the appointment, nobody had anything to entertain them during the appointment or in the waiting room, and Oliver did not have anything under his shirt besides his underpants. I carried a pair of shorts around with me the entire appointment and he never did put them on. I had to laugh as I sat in the waiting room with 3 boys who were climbing on and around furniture and one 4 year old half way dressed, as everyone in that waiting room could clearly see, that I was there, to bring another one of these blessed souls into this world! I hope when he's big, he is grateful to be part of the Graham family even though there were plenty off colored stares in the waiting room that June morning.
Sometimes 2 year old's don't want to get their teeth brushed. Luckily some 2 year old's have 6 year old brothers who are willing to do it for them.
We went on the annual extended Poll family Moab trip this year. Dean just started a new job, so I took my 3 and 1/2 boys down along with my parents, Jodi's family, and Marissa and kids. We met up with the other Poll's and as always, had a great trip!
We hiked to Corona Arch...well, let me change that, we all started the hike to Corona Arch. I was carrying Thomas in the baby carrier on my back. He had no interest in being carried in 100 degree weather. And he refused to walk. So I sent Lincoln and Oliver along with my Uncle Mike and Uncle Lynn, and they made it to Corona Arch while me and Thomas went back to the condo with my dad and took the afternoon off.
We planned a little better the next day as we set off to Delicate Arch. My dad was a sport and stayed with Thomas while I took the boys with the rest of the crowd to Delicate Arch. They did awesome. Made it to the top, and walked every step of the way. I was just happy to be walking without Thomas on my back! When we returned to the condo about noon, Thomas and my dad were happy and safe, and my dad was exhausted. He slept the rest of the day.
Slick rock is sure fun to hike on!
I felt like I had neglected Thomas, so we went to a nearby lake and threw rocks into it while the boys watched some shows with their cousins.
We got news on the gender of the baby a little early this time. To say Lincoln was disappointed to have blue inside the cupcake would be an understatement.
Luckily, I'm writing this post almost 5 months after the fact, and he seems to have come to terms with how lucky he is to be the oldest of 4 boys!
I'd say all these boys are lucky just because they have this guy to raise them!
Oliver was just excited to have a cupcake...though he followed Lincoln's lead and pretended to be disappointed for a minute.
Thomas+sugar=happy boy
Lincoln seems to be getting the hang of his new mountain bike with gears...Oliver on the other hand has digressed to the small tricycle he got for Christmas 2 years ago.
We found a park up in Park City with a little dirt track. Lincoln loved it and his brothers are good sports to come along and run behind.































No comments:
Post a Comment