Poor kid has an "r" in each of his three names. I can't even begin to express which piece of my heart Oliver holds. He holds it so tight and he's got me wrapped around his finger. I love this kid more than my blogpost will ever show, yet I find myself on the verge of raising my voice at this kid at least daily.
Oliver has a very good soul! He knows what being a good kid is! He knows how to play with anyone! Younger, older, his age, boys, girls, friends, neighbors, cousins, strangers...you name it he'll play with you. Oliver is so many things to so many people. In the last six months, he has never been accused of being helpful. One thing he is not is helpful. He will not help put toys away, clothes away, get himself dressed, put his shoes on or use the bathroom when he clearly needs to go. Sometimes, he listens to instructions of "Oliver will you go put your shoes on". But when I go check on him 10 minutes later, he his busily, and very happily playing with anything that may have been between him and his shoes. "squirrel" This kid just knows how to play, with anything anywhere. He knows how to tell a good story. I love listening to him narrate a "what just happened" event when he gets hurt.
I took this picture. Not because it was a random trick Oliver was doing during lunch, but to remind me and one day show him what I see at each and every meal. It really feels like eating is life with this kid. If I allow it, he will spend one to two hours on each meal, and not because he is quickly eating bite after bite...sigh.
Happy Birthday 4 year old!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment