Tuesday, November 28, 2017

September 2017

We started off September with an awesome hike at the top of Guardsman's Pass
 Julie, Gail and our kids made the trek. They did pretty well. Thomas didn't like the steep part at the end, but the views and the fresh air were well worth the effort
 We had tickets to a Bee's game from when the boys played T-ball. We finally got around to using them. They liked the game alright...
 Then I took Oliver and Thomas for a walk around the field and we had some time on the grass. They loved running up and down the hill far more than the game going on behind them. 
 Almost every morning after I drop off Lincoln at school, I continue up the road for a biking workout. I've been so fortunate as the younger boys endure being trapped in the bike trailer for up to an hour while I huff and puff up the hill. One Saturday I took Lincoln on my "route" so he could see how steep it is, and mostly because we all have so much fun going fast down the hill. This picture doesn't do justice to how steep the hill is we just made it up. 
 I made a 3 month calendar to keep track of our comings and goings and so the boys could see what was ahead. Before we retired the calendar, these boys decided to have a small wrestling match on it. 
 Not often enough, we have arts and craft time with the boys.
 Whenever I do make the effort to get out a paintbrush, I never regret it. 
 At the end of our bike ride, is usually a park. If the weather is good, we'll play for anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours. We hit Canyon Rim Park right after a giant wind storm. The boys were in heaven.
 Somehow, Chuck E Cheese is still one of the happiest places on earth. I found some extra tokens from our last visit and let the boys spend away.
 A trip to Temple Square is always fun and an adventure. We went with Amy and her kids who recently moved here and haven't had the luxury of visiting this place whenever they want.
 Another day, another park.
 Too bad I missed their giant smiles!
 I took a quick trip down to Provo to be at Kim's wedding. It was a cool ceremony and fun to be in the new Provo temple.
 I went to Lincoln's annual school "Jog-a-thon". Unfortunately it was a very rainy day, but they made do with the gymnasium. 
 My mom sold her house. September turned into a whole lot of trips to Centerville to help pack and clean. I went up there about 3 times a week while Oliver was at school. Often times, all the boys joined me. She had a big, full, house with a lot of packing and cleaning. Somehow, we got her out just in time for the buyers to move in. We had one last pancake dinner there in memory of my dad.

 Both Lincoln and Oliver played soccer this year. This time they were in different leagues, which meant we had soccer Monday through Thursday. I volunteered Dean to coach Lincoln's team and I coached Oliver's team. They both enjoyed it, though Lincoln was by far the youngest and smallest on his team.
 Oliver's art project while I took what I thought was a much needed nap. It only took 4 or 5 coats of paint to cover it up...Shouldn't a 4 year old know better...
 Well now Oliver is 4 and a half...So hopefully no more writing on the walls for this kid. Somehow we have turned to celebrating half birthdays this year. I think it somehow happened with the giant 3 month calendars that we try to fill. 
 Another great park, with a great climbing tree. 
 We had a great start to our summer garden. Planting, watering, weeding, etc. Then July happened and I kinda gave up. But would you know, we still got a couple of the sweetest cantaloupes I've ever eaten.
 Dean finished the final touch-ups on our basement. Unfortunately I was helping him make a last adjustment to our bathroom shower door, and it literally exploded. Every time I clean the bathroom, I find more pieces of glass.
 To say Thomas loves American Flags would be an understatement...Over the 4th of July when Rachel was visiting we made a point to point out each flag we passed. We would cheer each time we saw a flag while we were driving...Thomas has continued that tradition. Still, whenever we pass an american flag, I will hear a "Huhhhh, Yeahhhhh!"
 For the last 2 years, Lincoln has a random Friday off at the end of September. We have made it now a 2 year tradition to go on a vacation to Park City over that weekend. On the way up to Park City, we stopped and went on a hike. I really wish they would have enjoyed it as much as I did, but they endured it.

 We found this biking park last year, but we didn't have any bikes. This year, we packed the bikes along. Lincoln had a great time and could have stayed for days on this same course. He got pretty good in just a couple of hours. On his last ride, he got some serious "air" and somehow landed a jump. When he finished he said "I just closed my eyes." I don't know how we avoided a trip to the ER.
 Luckily the bike park was next to a playground. So everyone was entertained for a while. 
 The hotel we stayed in had a nice little indoor pool, which is why we booked it. Lincoln had been saving to buy and use some new goggles for this trip. The goggles got here in time, but the great pool was under construction...The hotel gave us passes to this really cold outdoor pool...It was cold, but we managed to have fun. 
 And what's a trip without some finger paint? I'm kinda liking this annual Park City tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment